Chapter 48-Festival

Freya's Pov
It was snowing outside and Leona looked like she was freezing despite her gloves, coat, and beanie. I stopped to give her a hug and share some of my warmth with her. She smiled, appreciating the gesture, and leaned in closer. When I pulled away I linked our fingers together so we were holdings hands and then we jogged to catch up with her parents.

We were on our way to the Christmas festival. Apparently there were lots of lights, food and all kinds of stuff there. Which got me excited even if we ate less than two hours ago.

As expected, it was quite crowded when we got there. I heard some carolers sing and was immediately amazed at how stunning it looked. I noticed you could decorate gingerbread at one place and in another, there were treats you could buy. In the distance, I spotted a Ferris wheel and my eyes brightened.

I tugged Leona's coat to get her attention and pointed at the Ferris wheel. She laughed loudly at my excitement. I was acting silly but I didn't get a lot of these kinds of experiences when I was younger. It was all mostly new to me.

"Let's explore first," she suggested.

"Sure, that sounds good."

First, we went to a stall we found where they sold decorated gingerbread cookies. I bought two for the both of us to eat later. We continued going to different stalls and looking at the lights. It was truly a sight. I even managed to convince her to decorate some gingerbread with me. Which was originally meant for the children. But who said adults can't decorate cookies?

I counted down from three and then we both showed each other the gingerbread. Leona's was a bit goofy but still quite good while mine was just a mess. But I had fun doing it and that was the point. She burst out laughing when she saw it. I frowned and shoved her playfully.

"What did you do to the poor gingerbread man?"

I pouted. "It's cute."

"No," she poked me on the nose, smearing some icing on me, "but you are."

"Corny."

"Rude," she spat out, feigning anger.

However, her mask of anger soon fell and she broke out laughing once again. I couldn't help but join in this time. The sight of her happy made me too. It was a good day. I wanted more days like these. With her by my side. Shit, I'm so in love.

"Where are your parents?" I asked, noticing they weren't anywhere close.

"I think they said they were going to look at some ornaments, but I'm not sure if they're still there."

"Let's go look."

We pushed ourselves through the growing crowd I search for her parents. I glanced around to see if I could find any ornament stalls or even better, them. It took us a while and but we eventually found them still standing by the ornament stall. Leona grabbed her mom's shoulders from behind and she may as well have jumped to the moon by how startled she got.

Her mom hit her harshly on her shoulder. "Never so that again," she warned, giving her a death glare.

"Oops."

She glared at her but then turned to the ornaments again, apparently she was in the middle of buying a couple. I looked around at the ornaments, they were beautiful. The only times I'd ever decorated a Christmas tree were the very limited times I'd been at Wren's place near Christmas time. But Mom rarely let me go to him, especially not near or on Christmas. So it had happened maybe two times or so.