💙Chapter 9💙

Patience can cook a stone.
~African proverb.

The first school  hours were extremely boring. I waited for the siren to ring and when it did, I excitedly walked to the cafeteria ready to get what I came to school for.

I looked at the food and this time my nose scrunched up at the disgusting food I was looking at. The smell was so bad and something about every dish looked extremely off than usual.

Ignoring the smell and the appearance , I held my tray up- ready to receive the food. I strictly requested  for it be given to me in small amounts because I really did not want to get an upset stomach. In order to improve the scent, I grabbed some hot sauce and gently sprayed it all over my food. This time it smelled better.

I slowed walked away from the lunch Lady  after receiving my food and just when I was ready to walk to the table where Pearl was , I was caught off guard by the sight of Kassy yelling at Tristan.

That sight  almost stopped me from continuing to move just so that I could keep listening to the argument , but I decided to mind my own business. Then walked to my table and greeted Pearl.

It looked like everyone was not minding their own business because apparently ,everyone's focus was on Kassy and Tristan. In a matter of minutes, Kassy was now putting her phone on Tristan's face while yelling. Everyone in the cafeteria kept staring in amazement until the sound of a slap echoed in the whole cafeteria, leaving everyone with mouths gaped open .

Well, in that shock moment , I was no exception. My mouth was wide open as I glanced at Tristan with a fish look on my face- eyeballs ready to pop out of my sockets. He kept rubbing his cheeks in order to soothe the pain.

Kassy decided to leave her red cheeked boyfriend and started walking away. Her direction of travel begun to shock me. She started heading to the table were Pearl and I were seated.

Filled with anger ,she walked up to my table and grabbed all that was on my tray and spilled it on my face .

God! The sauce was burning my eyes. I tried my best to wipe it off with my napkin but what was the point? The marsh potatoes were over me, even in my nose. It was really difficult to breath through it .

Her actions brought so much amusement to everyone , causing everyone in the cafeteria to laugh loudly. For the first time, I regretted using hot sauce on my food. This time, I had a reason to cry. Not only because I was embarrassed in front of everyone, but because there was hot sauce in my eyes. It burned!

Why did she do this to me?

"What was that for?" I asked, wondering why the hell she would spill all my food on me and worse on my face, especially on a day when I put so much hot sauce on my food .

"You deserve it; you prostitute!" She yelled angrily, squeezing her bottle of juice on my face. For the first time,such an act didn't  upset me. It actually washed the hot sauce off my face making me  able to see her less in blur.

"What are you talking about?" I asked while trying to wipe out the remaining hot sauce on my face.

"Don't act stupid, you kissed my boyfriend! "She hollered, making everyone in the cafeteria gasp in unison. I kinda forgot how everyone was staring at us.

"On the cheek! " I yelled in defence. There was really no reason to lie. Looks like she found out and I did not  care how.

"Still, you kissed him! How could you?" She said, landing her ugly hand on my face. It hurt, it really did. I finally felt how Tristan felt.

"For Gods Sake, it is only a friendly gesture, you didn't  have to hit me!" I said trying my best not to hit her back.

"I can do it even now, if you don't  learn to kiss your own boyfriend! "She yelled, apparently ready to give me another slap but she was quickly stopped by Pearl who held her hand.

"Mind your own business , I wanna teach this harlot a lesson!"  She then threw her empty bottle on my face.

It really hurt so badly. On any other day , I would have hit her but because I was in the school premises; I wasn't allowed to fight her.

"Again, it is just a friendly gesture, It's not like I did it for any other reason." Ok I lied. It was for my own selfish reasons but why does that matter?

"Don't lie! You have always liked my boyfriend and that was not friendly at all. Who kisses a guy that has a girlfriend on the cheek? "She explained." You even know that doesn't  make it friendly!"

I had nothing to say. I  couldn't argue with her , she was right. I  like Tristan thats why I did it.  Swinging my head to the side I noticed Tristan's shocked expression from a distance. His mouth gaped open in amazement , which really shocked me because I thought he knew I liked him.

"See! You like him . "She yelled, not surprising any one in the cafeteria."Now you think those ugly black lips can get my man to fall for you?"

Ugly black lips? My lips aren't completely black!They also have some pink to it.

Her words got me very upset, I imagined myself jumping on her and ripping all the hair out of her head leaving her bold. I suck at controlling my anger but because I was in front of everyone I couldn't do that and worse ,I was in the school premises . I needed to get a hold of myself .

I looked at her and tried my best to walk away from  her without trying to make any drastic move. Just when  I  was ready to leave I  was thrown to  the ground by kassy's punch on my stomach.

It caused me to start bleeding from my nose. Wow, so much for just kissing her boyfriend on the cheek. What if I did it on the lips?

I got up from the cold floor and wiped away the blood from my nose and now that I was standing, I was ready to gather my courage to keep walking away because apparently the siren was not ringing. Which was a mystery , because by then it should have.

No one helped me fight her off not even Pearl . Well at least, she tried to keep her from fighting me more ,but she could have done better .I am sure she was just as shocked as I was about the situation .

Ignoring all glares, I ran to the bathroom.

******

Sorry to everyone for not updating early . I kinda gave up lol, but its your request for an update that forced me to write again.

Anyways, your thoughts on the chapter. I worked really hard on this one.I tried to be more descriptive. Notice a difference?

Do you agree with Luna that kissing Tristan on the cheek was a friendly gesture?

Or

Do you think Kassy was right in beating up Luna for kissing her boyfriend ?

Comments please!!!

Also, don't  forget to vote.