💙Chapter 15💙

Having a good discussion is like having riches.
~African proverb.

"Hey, babe," Xavier said to me the moment I entered the school. It was like he was waiting for me the whole time at the door. He looked handsome as always with a warm smile plastered on his face and wrinkles forming at the edge of his eyes like a pair of wings.

"Hey, babe," I replied, grabbing him into a hug. I was taking advantage of this whole fake boyfriend thing to get some attention from other people. But even though I hugged him, no one even noticed I did so.

He seemed a little shocked that I did that because at first, he resisted then later he hugged me back. I came out of his embrace then gained the courage to look him in the eye. His eyes were so beautiful.

"So how is my girl doing today?" He asked, breaking the eye contact between us. I know it was too early for us to execute the revenge plan but when exactly would I be expected to execute it? The earlier, the better.

"I am doing fine. How about you my emerald ?" Emerald? Nice one Luna. I never thought pretending to be in a relationship is this hard. He looked at me like I said something really shocking then I saw a grin form on his face when he understood why I called him 'emerald'.

"I am alright. Would you like me to escort you to biology class?" He asked. I could tell from his question that he was finding it really difficult to pretend to be in a relationship. No one asks to escort their girlfriend. They just do it.

"Yes, I would love that," I said grabbing his hand. He got slightly startled by that move but then he looked at me with a serene smile spread over his face.

He has such an amazing smile.

I walked with him to the biology classroom with both our hands interlocked. It felt so natural as I moved next to him. He uttered no word but the silence did not feel awkward. We walked in silence until we neared the biology classroom.

The silence was immediately disrupted when I heard a voice I am very familiar with.

"Hi, Xavier," Tristan said, alarming me. I kept my hand interlocked with Xavier's to show Tristan that I had moved on when deep inside I knew I didn't really move on.

"Hi, Tristan," Xavier answered. I didn't know that they knew each other and now I was wondering what I had just gotten myself into.

Tristan started walking into the classroom making me very offended. He didn't even greet me. I know I did a lot that caused trouble for his jerky girlfriend but I did not know he could also be such a jerk. I felt offended that he acted like I didn't exist.

I felt my face contort in sadness. It was like Xavier noticed my sad expression that he immediately placed his hand over my shoulder, to comfort me.

"I am there if you need someone to talk to." He said reassuringly.
I looked up at him and smiled in response to him. He had been so nice to me ever since I knew him. I always wondered why he was being so nice to me.

I hugged him. Not because I wanted to draw attention this time but because I appreciated his words and I felt the need to be in his embrace. I stayed in his arms for a while then broke away.

"Thank you," I said in a low voice. It was almost like I was whispering. I felt really low all of a sudden when I realized  Tristan ignored me.

"Luna, don't  thank me." He said holding both my shoulders. He was so tall, I had to lift my head upwards to really see him. He is so gorgeous that I could barely stare at him for long, that I lowered my head immediately." I have to go but you can always call me if you need someone."

I stared at him silently; I had nothing to say. What he was telling me was just really shocking me that it left me speechless.

He noticed my silence so he waved at me. I waved back at him then he started to walk away from me.

I immediately walked into the classroom ignoring the usual gawks I get every time. My eyes caught sight of Tristan staring at me from a distance. He really hurt my feelings so I ignored his stares and sat next to a random person.

I carefully listened to Mrs. Smith as she rambled. I was only waiting for the siren to take me out of that hell of listening to that boring lesson.

"So the function of this part is to---"  the siren immediately cut Mrs. Smith's boring lesson short. I felt good hearing that annoying repetitive sound.

I was so excited that I immediately walked out of the classroom. My stomach was crying for some food and so I felt excited to enter the cafeteria.

From a distance, I could see Xavier's hand raised high up telling me to sit next to him. So I got my food and immediately headed towards his direction and sat next to him.

"Hey babe, nice food you got there," I said to Xavier. He smiled at me then continued eating his food. From a distance, I could see Pearl with a tray of food looking for me.

"Pearl!" I shouted, in order to direct her to the table where Xavier and I were seated.

The moment she saw me, she started walking towards my direction and immediately sat where Xavier and I were seated. She looked at Xavier, more like she was trying to figure out who he was.

"This is Xavier---" I said, trying to introduce him.

"Her boyfriend." He chimed in. I looked at her facial expression and she looked very shocked.

"You have a boyfriend? Since when?" She asked, incredulous.

"Since yesterday ." He answered her on my behalf. I looked at him and laughed slightly. I really liked this side he was showing. It was like he seemed more upset with her than I was.

"Oh, that's nice." She lied and it was very clear that she was lying." What about Tristan ?"

"She moved on," Xavier replied to her. It was just funny how he was not giving me the chance to explain myself. I looked at Pearl and she seemed not to understand what was happening.

It was like she was hurt how fast I moved on and she never seemed to believe what was happening was real.

" That is great news, Luna. I am so happy for you girl." She said. I couldn't tell if she was lying or if she was being truthful but I loved seeing her dazed.

I grabbed Xavier's hand and interlocked our fingers ." Thank you. I really like him, he is so handsome ."

"Yes, he is ." She replied and I saw a small smile spread over Xavier's face. He seemed to be enjoying this whole pretense thing.

"How did you guys meet?" She asked. That question made me look at Xavier. We did not prepare to answer that.

"We met in---" The bell interrupted me when I was about to tell a lie. Indeed, I was saved by the bell.

"I guess I will tell you tomorrow," I said cheerfully. I was happy I could come up with a good reason because now I had more time to look for a proper reason.

"Okay, I guess we have to go for classes." She said, getting up from where she was seated.

"Yeah," Xavier replied.  Then he stood up and helped me get up from where I was seated. If having a pretend boyfriend feels like this then I want one forever.

We walked together and when Pearl was far away he looked at me then he begun to giggle. I laughed along with him then high-fived him.

Pretending to have a boyfriend is fun.