💙Chapter 10💙

Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.
~African Proverb

I forcefully shut the bathroom door not caring who was there, then immediately walked to the sinks and mirror and saw these two girls staring at their reflection in the mirror. They seemed very focused on what they were doing as they kept passing some brushes on their faces that they did not even notice my presence.

Ignoring them, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked very horrifying with my eyes extremely red and swollen from the hot sauce and my shirt stained with all sorts of combinations of food and some patches of blood from my nose. So Tristan had to see me looking like this?

Frustrated, I opened the tap with so much force that the pipe from which the water was coming out, became disconnected and water began to spill on my stained clothing. 

Out of panic, I pulled the disconnected pipe and tried my best to reconnect it but no matter how much I tried ---it did not work out. So I tore a segment of my shirt and tied it around the pipe and then finally, the water stopped spilling. Now I was completely drenched in water and my clothes were soaking wet.

I almost forgot I was not alone until I swung my head to the side and noticed the two girls I saw earlier, sneering at me. They looked like I did something terrible to them when only a few drops of water stained their dresses.

Just when I was about to apologize, I was cut off by one of the girls.

"What is wrong with you? You almost ruined our dresses and makeup!" She hollered. I wouldn't blame them for getting upset with me for almost ruining their dresses. Their dresses looked very expensive. They both wore matching dresses in different colors. The other girl wore a pink dress then the other wore a blue dress. Funny thing was that they did not look alike in any way. The one in a blue dress had a chubby body.

Then the other who wore a pink dress had a slim and slender body. But regardless, they both resembled each other more like they were twins.

"Yeah..." The girl in a pink dress replied and then when she noticed my stained shirt she whispered to her friend words I could not hear.

"What happened to you?" They both asked in unison.

"I was involved in a fight with Kassy," I replied. Not caring whether I was disclosing too much to strangers.

"What did you do to her? "They both replied in unison again, causing them to look at each other with wide grins, then they shifted their gaze to me again.

"I kinda kissed her boyfriend ... but on the cheek," I replied sheepishly.

"What? How are you living ?" They both asked.

"Yeah, everyone knows not to temper with Kassy's man." The  girl in pink replied." She literally took kung- fu classes, no one ever tempers with her or her things ."

"Wish I knew that earlier." I said while taking off my shirt making me remain with a bra only." She punched me and spilled my lunch all over me."

"She was merciful. I am sure she wants to do worse to you." The girl in blue replied.

"I don't think she will get a chance to, because I am reporting her to the school authorities," I said.

"Like that?" They both asked me while pointing their index fingers at my almost bare chest.

"No, I have something in my bag. I will just cover myself with it." I replied.

"What if I gave you a dress? The girl in a blue dress asked excitedly." I have another one in my locker."

That sounded like good news to my ears. At least I would have something to change into.

"Yes, please! "I replied excitedly." I would really appreciate it!"

"Okay, allow me to get it from my locker." She said. Then she opened the bathroom door and then left to get the dress from her locker.

I waited for several minutes but kept myself busy by explaining to the other girl what happened in detail. She seemed very amazed at how I did not fight back.

After a while her friend came with a purple dress that looked exactly like the one they were both wearing, then she handed it to me.

Coincidentally, that dress was exactly my size.  My beautiful curves popped out and I must say, it had been quite a long time since I  wore a dress that exposes my curves that much. I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a long time before thanking them both for the kind gesture.

"Thank you. " I said.

"No problem hon. You needed some help and it would be rude of me not to help," she replied with a smile on her face." Consider it to be a gift."

"Oh my God, thank you, I really appreciate it."

"You can't go like that."  The other girl interrupted.

"What's wrong with how I  am looking?" I asked.

"Your face is naked. You can't go like that."

I never wear makeup. I love my natural face but since I  did look horrifying, I  couldn't refuse.

After several minutes, my face looked different. Well not quite, but less horrifying.

"Thank you," I said, extremely grateful for both their acts of kindness.  If they didn't come to my rescue, I  do not know what would have happened to me.

"You're welcom--- " she immediately got cut off by the sound of the siren ringing.

"We have to go." They both replied.

"Yes." I replied nervously." What are your names?"

"I am Lily and she is Mackenzie ." The girl in blue replied.

I immediately waved bye to them and without rushing, I   nervously walked in the hallways until I  was near the classroom.   As usual, it was biology class. 

Taking a deep breath in and out, I walked into the classroom, and immediately, Tristan's eyes met mine.