💙Chapter 13💙

Rising early makes the road short.
~African proverb

School feels very different when everyone knows you as the only black girl in school and worse, the only girl that had the courage to kiss a popular guy.

The minute I step into the school premises , I get so many gawks and this time more than usual. It is really easy to ignore the gawks, but it is not easy to ignore the fact that the guy I have a crush on just rejected me so badly and the person I believed was my true friend actually snitched on me.

Nothing hurt me more than having Pearl break my trust like she did. I always knew she liked Tristan but I never thought that she could let her feelings get in the way of our friendship.

Ignoring all the gawks , I walk towards my locker and decide to pull out my physics text book . The moment I open my locker, a little paper falls out of it and drops to the ground.

I immediately bend down to pick it up hoping it is not a note from anyone I know. Without any hesitation , I open it to read what's inside.

Luna, I know you've been hurt by Tristan and Pearl and I am willing to help you get your revenge. In case you are wondering who I am , I am just a creep who knows everything about you so if you're interested ,why don't you come to room 21 for Math club.

I carefully read the note with furrowed eyebrows , and I wonder why any one would know so much about me and how exactly they would know all that about me so quickly.

Immediately I read the last sentence I realise that the one that sent me this note must be a nerd because no one else that isn't a nerd attends such a club. So I put the note back in the locker and quickly grab my physics text book.

The moment I decide to slum the locker , I am greeted by someone's stupid face.

"Now what do you want from me Pearl ?" I say brusquely . If it was anyone that deserved to be treated badly--- it is her. She snitched on me and for that she needed to pay.

"Luna, baby, I am just here to find out how you are doing." Nothing sounded more hypocritical than the 'baby'. She never ever called me that and it looks like she never knew that I knew that she snitched on me.

"I am alright. I just got the worst news yesterday ." If she was going to be a fake friend then I might play along and join her squad by being a fake friend to her too. I know it is evil but how else can I get my revenge on her.

"What was the news?" She said, sounding inquisitive .

"That Tristan doesn't like me."

"Not surprised." She mutters then coughs as if she didn't say anything offensive. I really felt the urge to rip out her mouth after hearing that ,but even though I deny it she was right, Tristan would never like me.

"What did you say?" I answer , trying to see if she could have enough courage to repeat herself . I knew Tristan did not like me but I had faith that with time he would . Now all my plans were completely ruined because of Pearl .

"I just coughed. Don't worry it's not like Tristan is the only guy in the world ." Worst comfort I have ever heard. True, he is not the only guy but so far he was the only guy who was so kind to me. It didn't matter if he didn't like me .

"Thanks for checking up on me." I said, trying to change the conversation and also to get Pearl to leave. It looked like the siren wasn't ringing .Honestly, this was just the worst day to report early for school.

"You're welcome. I am just doing my job as your friend," she said smiling at me. Through that smile , I could see pure evil. As my friend? More like as my fake friend.

I smiled back at her and walked away from her to go for physics class.

Like I expected the class was completely empty. On a day were I accidentally report early for school I expect the classroom to be this empty at this time.

So out of boredom I begun to walk around the classroom so that I could take a good look at what was in the room. For the time I had started this school, I never bothered to get a proper look at the school at its surroundings . I guess I was more focused on Tristan's face than I was with this school.

The moment I thought about it, I started to realise that Tristan's rejection was for my own good. I was so focused on him than I was about school and if he didn't reject me earlier I would have probably failed.

"There is even a frog in this class." I muttered to myself when I came across a locked up creature in a glass container. I hate frogs and I don't know how I did not see it the whole time I had been attending classes.

I carefully examined it like it was the first time in my life to see one; Like I said, I was extremely bored.

"Who wants to became a prince charming ? Don't you ,you little froggy." I said to the frog out of boredom .

"I thought those things only happen in fairy tales." I cocked my head to the side and noticed that it was him . Who is the 'him'? You ask, well the hottest nerd I have ever seen.

Xavier Martins, probably one of the hottest guys in school; of course after Tristan . He was talking to me right now. I always thought he doesn't talk. I always used to catch myself admiring his beautiful green eyes . Now mister emerald eyes was talking to me.

"I am just really bored. Decided to report for school early. Guess it was a bad idea." I replied to him.

"It isn't when you have books to read." Books , really? Anyways he is a nerd , I wouldn't blame him.

"Yeah but---" I immediately got interrupted by the sound of people entering the classroom and then later Mr. Bota(the teacher of Physics) came inside.

"Talk to you later ." He said before taking his seat.

There is even a later?

"Okay." I said, then I took my seat to listen to Mr. Bota's crappy lesson.