Chapter 4: Death Floor

Past the gate, the warriors were shocked to find massive plains that stretched for dozens of miles. Thick dark clouds blotted out a 'sky' and filled the lands with choking deathly energy. As if spurred by the warriors' life signatures, millions of bones scattered across the ground merged together, forming thousands upon thousands of undead that put the army outside to shame.

Kashi's eyes twitched as he observed the growing mass. "Heh, I expected as much, but isn't this too ridiculous?" However, he did not lose hope, and instead looked onto the horizon where twelve pillars consisting of evil purple-colored deathly mana connected the sky and ground.

Kashi turned to Sonic and Brilith, who also wore grave expressions as they warily watched the undead. "Do not bother clearing them out. You'll just die. Just destroy the cores, and the next gate will appear. You can accomplish that much, right?"

Sonic revealed a slight smile. "There is no need for petty provocations. I do not intend on holding back here." With those words, Sonic bent down and tore off a pair of ankle tapes. Boom! Everyone paled when the ground sunk from the sheer weight.

"Mm. Fifty percent should be enough." Sonic stretched his legs, and then bent into a running start. "Breeze, break through with the rest. You guys take two pillars." With those words, Sonic exploded towards the swarm of undead like a bullet from a rifle.

Kashi's draconic eyes twinkled as he watched Sonic. As he suspected, Sonic was the fastest person he had come across. But it was more than that. "Such control." Contrary to expectations, Sonic did not blow the undead out of his path. Instead, he weaved through their formations and attacks with such grace and ease that they might as well have been stood still.

"Fifty percent, he said." Kashi looked at the tapes tight around his arms. "Hehe."

Gentle Breeze, meanwhile, glanced at Kashi and said, "We'll meet again soon. Goodluck." He then brandished a short staff, and murmured a quick incantation. "[Gale Storm!]"

Vwooo! Harsh winds suddenly blew in from all directions and then smashed into the charging undead. "[Zephyr Wings!]" Gentle Breeze's second spell, which manifested in the form of translucent azure wings buffed his teammates speed, allowing them to rush alongside the Gale Storm as it blew the opposition out of their path.

Brilith's eyes grew sharp. It appeared Sonic would not be an easy opponent. However, she was not going to lose face by holding back. She flicked her wrist, scattering a few seeds onto the ground. Seconds later, gigantic tree trunks burst out of the ground and began smashing the incoming undead.

Brilith and her warriors jumped onto the tree trunks, which 'opened' up and swallowed them whole. Moments later, the tree trunks burrowed underground, and started charging toward the distant pillars. Only GrizzlyDiamond stood aboveground, riding the trunk as he smashed all opposition out of their path.

"Hehe, how efficient." Kashi smiled. He was filled with high praises for both Brilith and Sonic. Both had found the most efficient methods to reach their pillars despite their small numbers. This was what it meant to be elite.

"Well then, I suppose it's our turn?" Kashi grinned as he turned to look at the Maggots. First, Kashi shut down Syèl's excited eyes, "You're sitting this one out, Syèl. This place only has undead. You'll run out of blood too quickly."

Syèl scrunched his nose, but ultimately nodded. Indeed this was his one weakness. It seemed he was just cursed to view the undead with trepidation.

Kashi then glanced at Shokō. "You're our greatest one-on-one weapon. I need you to conserve your energy, so you won't lead this charge either." Rather than drag it out any longer, Kashi grinned at Hektor. "How about it? Do you mind taking the first charge?"