Chapter 54: Ordered Chaos

Genesis' departure left a sullen silence on Drakase. Several warriors stared in abject silence at the smooth land where a vast mountain range once sat. Even as they examined the absurd scene, they found it hard to believe their eyes. That final display of strength. What the hell was that supposed to be?

Kashi's brows were also furrowed, but for a completely different reason. The real Razznik had some dealings with Genesis way back when, so the draconian knew how Genesis accomplished that feat. Rather than strength, it was closer to attribute it to 'authority.'

Genesis had the authority to mold and design the world however he wished. This was a necessary feature added to his design so that Genaco could host a variety of events whenever they wished. Naturally, Genesis did not have unlimited access to this power. He needed the approval of the Adjudicators before he could alter the world in any meaningful way.

Fortunately, Kashi, Suzuki, and the rest just happened to have eliminated the Adjudicators. As a result, Genesis regained full authority, at least until the adjudicators were replaced.

"I doubt he will let them return that easily."

Kashi looked at Suzuki who coldly surveyed the skies. "Does it feel like we got played?"

"Feel? No. I'm sure we got played." Suzuki clucked his tongue. "There's something bigger going on here. Razznik's mission, Genesis seizing the Adjudicator's role, these updates." The young man suddenly glared at a bird circling around the battlefield. "There's only one man who will have the answers. I bet he's laughing himself silly at our ignorance."

Kashi chuckled, his laughter sounding hollow. "I doubt that weasel will give us straight answers."

Both men turned silent as their brows furrowed in thought.

"Kashi. Fake-Kashi, why are you frowning so bad? Gray Uncle says it's bad for you."

"Fake Kashi?" Suzuki's brow rose as he looked at the little girl who fearlessly matched his gaze.

"Yes. Fake Kashi's wearing Kashi's old body. Are you not fake?"

Suzuki looked incredulously at Kashi, but the draconian turned away in a vain attempt to hide his amusement. Suzuki gave up on the draconian and pleaded his case. "I have a name. It's Suzuki."

"Susuki?" Zuri cocked her head to the side and smacked her lips as if testing out the name. "Susu?"

"No. Suzu... You know what? Susu is fine."

"Pfft! Big Bad Susu taken down by a little girl."

"Hey! Zuri is not little!"

"My bad, my bad." Kashi raised his hand in surrender as he struggled to hold back his laughter.

Suzuki chose to ignore the insipid draconian and instead turned to Zuri. "What do you do when the rain starts falling?"

"Rain?" Zuri's eyes slowly widened in delight. "Zuri likes to play in the rain!"

"Not exactly what I was going for, but I guess it works." Suzuki shrugged as he shed his mind of needless worries. "We can't control the weather, only do our best to deal with the elements."

"That is quite eloquent." Absalon praised as he walked up to the trio. The aged general gave Suzuki a puzzled look but held out his hand. "Pleased to meet you, Suzuki. We would not have survived up there without your help."

Suzuki froze, his brows furrowing tightly. The young man stared at Absalon's outstretched hand like it held the greatest, unquantifiable challenge known to man. It was not the first time someone had ever offered to thank him for something. It was just the first time someone did it while he was not in the process of creating a new persona in a game (not counting Ayumi). It felt strange to be thanked as 'Suzuki.'