Chapter 43: You Are Weak

Boom! Kashi barely had time to cross his arms over his chest before Razznik slammed into him with the force of a speeding train. The draconian, who had yet to recover from his earlier injuries from resisting Razznik's pressure, could not prevent himself from getting launched several dozen meters across the ground.

Kashi blacked out for a second, but then somersaulted to right his posture, and planted his feet into the ground. Krshh! The draconian's feet served as an anchor, stealing his momentum until he grinded to a halt.

"Hng." Kashi softly groaned as he weakly pulled his arms apart. He then glared at Razznik, who stood at Kashi's previous location with his arm out. "Cheap Bastard."

Razznik snorted as he drew back his arm. "The fact that you can speak should be proof enough that I am no such thing." The Chaos God paused, and then added with a nod, "At least, not right now."

Kashi's initial shock and rage washed away, allowing him to think clearly. Indeed, in his previous state, Razznik could have easily decapitated him. There was no need to go for a mundane punch. If it were anyone else, Kashi might have attributed it to carelessness brought about by hubris, but Razznik was different. Razznik was the type to shoot a house rat with a shotgun. The madman would never give up a chance to slay a foe.

With this thought, Kashi quickly examined his body. Moments later, his lips curled in a frustrated smile. "Really. You used [Mercy Fist]?" [Mercy Fist] was an original skill Razznik developed to lengthen certain fights. The skill channeled potent healing aura into a target, healing as much damage as possible. Razznik created this skill because some enemies were too proud to accept healing, especially during a beatdown. As its name implied, he transferred the healing through a punch or kick. As a result, most of his targets remained oblivious to his antics right up until he was done with them.

Indeed, aside from his throbbing arms, Kashi confirmed his inner organs which had been badly damaged from resisting Razznik's aura were perfectly healed. Even his mana reserves had been restored to their peak. In essence he was just good as he was when he first stepped onto the battlefield.

'No.' Kashi clenched his fist. 'I'm not the same. I'm stronger.'

Razznik observed Kashi's closed fist. "You believe you are strong? You?" The Chaos God balled up his fists in derision. "You, who are still trying to run from the truth? A mere fragment, soon to be forgotten?"

"Fragment?" Kashi's heart stopped for a second as he stared at Razznik. "You—"

"Yes, I remember everything." Razznik sneered as he took a step toward the stunned draconian. "You think you are strong when you cannot even accept your role? You exist for and will die for him. You know this, yet you try to flee from reality. What was it you said? 'We will find a way for both of us to live?'" Razznik's voice slowly began to rise as his brows furrowed with increasing anger. "With such a wishy-washy attitude, you will end up killing him to take his place!"

Razznik's accusation struck Kashi hard. The daeben paled in fright as he processed the Chaos God's claim. More than any punch, this topic hurt Kashi the hardest. That was because, on a fundamental level, he was created to help Suzuki. Once he did anything to jeopardize that mission, it would shatter the very foundation of his identity! "No. What're you talking about. I would never—"

"You won't kill him?" Razznik snorted as he stood over Kashi's trembling frame. "Then accept your fate with pride." Dark chaotic clouds emitting terrible pressure circled the Chaos God's fist, which he raised over the paralyzed draconian. "You exist to die, so that Suzuki may live. Accept that, and I will at least consider you a man with a spine worth fighting."