Chapter 19: The Strange Snake

A loud clamor spread throughout the Garden in an instant as several avians pushed their mates out of the way to get a closer look at the strange, elemental fairy. The little humanoid was beautiful beyond comparison, but there was an ethereal feel to her beauty. Her form seemed to shimmer in and out of existence, like a song carried by the winds. It felt like she would disappear within the blink of an eye.

At the head of the crowd, Somo, who had been prepared for a good beating, struggled to swallow his shock as he stared at Zuri. Haha, what a joke. He'd just been boasting about the special exclusivity of Fifth Tier elementalists. He never considered that Zuri could be one too. Well, true to his thoughts, she wasn't a fifth tier elementalist. She simply blew past him to become the first ever sixth tier!

"Incredible!" Rather than jealousy, Somo felt an indescribable pride. The young man rubbed his nose and pointed at Zuri. "Haha! As expected of my future wife!"

"That stupid brat." Many discomfited avians sneered at Somo, but ultimately did nothing about his boasting.

The snake ignored the avians' commotion. It looked at Zuri with a 'smile.' "Why do you hesitate? Becoming a sixth tier elementalist can only be beneficial for your growth. Do you perhaps suspect I intend to cheat or harm you?"

"That's not it." Zuri looked at the snake with wary eyes. "Kashi warned Zuri to not take things from strangers because 'nothing is truly free.' What do you want from Zuri?"

"What do I want from you?" The snake could not help but find this situation ridiculous. "Ah, how far have I fallen? There was a time mortals would line up as far the eyes could see to do my bidding." However, he chuckled wryly when he saw Zuri's blank expression. "Well, I suppose it has nothing to do with the current generation."

The snake looked at the floating elemental fairy. "I give you this as an offering. I wish to speak with whomever is leading you through the tests."

Zuri hesitated. "How do you know someone is leading Zuri?"

"I sense multiple foreign lifeforms on the lower planes, but you are the only one to have come this far. That would not be possible without prior knowledge of the Heaven Floor. That person might be able to help me achieve the goal I seek."

Zuri frowned. If she wasn't sure before, now it was obvious that the snake knew everything happening on the planes, including their invasion. Zuri's instincts told her it would not be wise to anger the strange snake, so she said, "I can't reach him right now. He gave me a task, and said he would meet me on the ninth plane."

If Brilith and Sonic were present, they would have been shocked. Their investigations revealed that Kashi was indeed telling the truth. The Air Corridors were the only path to the higher planes. Despite this, Zuri seemed to suggest that Kashi had another way to reach the highest plane!

Intriguingly, the snake did not appear shocked by Zuri's reply. "The ninth plane. Then, I suppose the task you were given is to destroy the Summoning Stones." When Zuri stiffly nodded, it smiled and then said, "In that case, this elemental fairy will certainly be of great help to you. I will also accompany you to await your leader. He and I have a lot to discuss. I promise I shall bring no harm upon you two."

Zuri hesitated a little, but after thinking about it, she realized that the snake could have had her killed at any time. While the snake itself did not seem too powerful, the avians strongly worshipped it. All it had to do was express a hint of displeasure, and the avians would wipe Zuri off the face of the earth, even if it cost them their lives.

So, after careful consideration, Zuri ultimately nodded. "Okay. Zuri will go with you." Following Zuri's affirmation, the Tier 6 Elemental flew over to Zuri and gently tapped her forehead against the daeben's.