chapter 14

Jessica's POV-

After the walk yesterday we just ended up watching movies with everyone for the rest of the night. We also ordered pizza.

But that's it, it's now Sunday morning and me and danni are sitting on my bed.

She has her phone in her hand and her grandparents number on the screen.

I move closer to her and wrap her in a hug to let her know I was here.

After a couple of moments, she clicked the call button and it started to ring.

"Hola ella?" I heard come from the phone telling us they had answered.

I looked at danni and she rolled her eyes.

"Hola abuela, soy Danni, no recuerdas a Ella, te extraño"(Hey grandma, it's danni remember not ella, i miss you.)

By the sounds of it I think shes telling her not to call her ella.

"Danielle, si quiero llamarte Ella, ¡puedo! ¿Cómo están tu mamá y Terry?"(danielle, if i want to call you ella i can! how is your mum and Terry doing?)

"sí abuela ... mamá y papá están bien, se fueron de viaje esta semana, así que nos quedaremos con Linda."(yes grandma... mum and dad are fine they have went on a trip this week so we are staying with Linda.)

Danni leaned into me closer, I pulled her on to my lap and pulled her as close as i could while she talked.

"cuantas veces tenemos que decir esto, cariño? el no es tu papa, tu papa esta enterrado en cuba donde deberias estar viviendo!"(how many times do we have to say this, sweetie? he is not your dad, your dad is buried in cuba where you should be living!) A Male voice came from the phone, must be her grandpa.

"abuelo, él es mi papá, estuvo ahí para mí mucho antes de que papá muriera. y no quiero vivir allí, papá eligió ese lugar en lugar de mí y mamá, así que estoy haciendo lo contrario, estoy eligiendo a la familia en lugar de Cuba."(grandpa, he is my dad he was there for me way before dad died. and i dont want to live there, dad picked that place over me and mum so im doing the opposite im picking family over cuba.)

Not even a split second after she finished her sentence, shouting came from the other end of the phone.

Whatever they were saying must of been bad or rude, as she started to cry and bury her head into my neck.

"Shh.. it's okay danni, just ignore them and carry on." I whisper lightly.

She nods and moves her head so she can talk but her head is still on my shoulder.

(This but the one in the girls arms is upset and on the phone)

"hablemos de esto en otro momento. ¿Como han estado?" (let's talk about this another time. how have you guys been?)