chapter 21

Jessica's pov-

I ran after my dad with my brothers, following behind me.

"dad, come on! stop!" I shout after him, but he just ignores me.

once we get to the living room, dad is just standing in the middle of the room looking around. realizing that Danni must not be there I run over to my nan and ask where Danni is.

"She and Anni are in the garden" I quickly run off towards the backdoor, I hear footsteps behind me. telling me that my dad was following me.

I run into the garden and see the most beautiful thing ever.

In this beautiful dress, she was just sitting there, pretending to be a princess that Anni was trying to save.

wait a second she's wearing girly clothes that don't show off too much- wait for another second that dress is mine!

before I can get any closer my dad puts his hand on my shoulder but doesn't move any closer to Danni. he just stands next to me watching Danni play with her little sister.

suddenly Anni was face flat on the floor crying, Danni was straight by her side picking her up and rubbing her back.

she turns around to go back into the house and sees us standing there and freezes.

after a couple of moments of awkward silence and the only sounds were Anni sniffling into her chest.

"I have to get her inside shes badly hurt.." she says trying to get past us.

"wait, Danielle can I talk to you quickly?" my dad asks firmly, using her proper first name.

"I uh- sure... jess, can you take Anni and help her. it's her leg and face..." she says handing me the crying Anni.

I walk into the cottage and set her on the kitchen island, that's when I realize how bad it is.

I run to the kitchen door and shout for my mum, "mum!? Anni needs your help!"

she comes running in. "what's wrong- is she okay?!"