Crazy Love

Hey guys, i was sitting at home and i thought about how i would react if i saw a Dragon or a Unicorn or a White Tiger with wings, so it inspired me to write this quick story.

This is the story of Graham and Cheyanne.

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graham's POV:

Today was my sixteenth birthday, and i was proud that i would shift for the first time. According to my heritage, i would either shift into a Llama or a Dragon.

I vote for the Dragon.

It's not that i have anything against Llamas... It's just that i don't look forward to any teasing about being a Llama.

Look at my dad, for instance. He is the one with the Llama gene. Mum is the Dragon. And she has the pants in the relationship.

When my dad shifts, he has the ability to regurgitate food and spit on people. Sarcastic 'Woohoo!'. When the pack goes on a run in their true forms, it is quite the scene, but it is even weirder when you see a Dragon flapping around, staring lovingly at the Llama that is hopping it's way to the lake.

I mean, seriously? Hopping.

But i guess it all comes down to self-confidence.

Something i don't have much of.

Anyway, enough about my parents.

I headed down to the pack house kitchen to grab a piece of Birthday cake. We decided to celebrate last night, seeing as i would probably spend today either soaring through the clouds or hopping around the backyard.

I was surprised that there was still cake left, usually it would all be gone by now.

Heaps of teenagers in one house means no cakeys for the Graham.

Saying things like that, even if it is in my head, is why i have just about no self-confidence. Even i think i am an idiot.

I rolled my eyes at my inner turmoil as my mum came in to the kitchen, shortly followed by my dad.

"Happy Birthday son! Are you excited?" Mum asked giddily, my father grinning at her side.

I gave her a sarcastic smile and said, "Oh, I’m just hopping in excitement!" In a high pitched, overdramatic voice.

See, i can be punny... Sometimes.

They grinned and dad said, "How about you go head out to the woods and get comfortable, be sure to be home with the news by midnight!"

I sighed and headed outside and into the woods. After about half an hour i reached the clearing near the river which lead to the lake nearby. I figured staying in the woods nearby would be relaxing.

I sat down and waited.

I felt a sharp, stabbing pain in my skull and i knew the shift was coming.

Be the Dragon, not the Llama. Be the Dragon, not the Llama. Be the Dragon, not the Llama.

I chanted it over and over in my head as i felt the pain overwhelming my body, until i couldn't focus on it anymore. I heard snaps and shrieks in the forest, and i knew it was me, but it all seemed surreal.