Chapter 21- Lure

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 21

I was up in the morning by 8 am, it was late enough for it to be a 'beauty sleep', and early enough to be... well... early.

I jumped out of bed and had a shower. I brushed my teeth while humming the song ‘Scar’ by Missy Higgins.

I shifted into a pair of purple converse, some matching purple skinny jeans, a white singlet, and a black crop-top with the words 'Bite Me' on it.

I figured that if I was 'tempting' enough, Jason might actually try to bite me. Oh well. I would have to teach him manners later. First I had to trick him into the mould.

I just hoped he was the type of cookie that was undercooked, that way he could be baked just long enough to be perfect... But if he is an overcooked cookie, there's no going back.

I had smoky eye makeup and straight hair. My hair was not in its usual ponytail, but instead hung to my waist.

I walked out of my room and Libeth made slight alterations in my scent to help lure Jason in to our trap.

I strolled through the halls and headed down the stairs, where I found Ani and Willow gossiping about Jason. We headed to the kitchen and I looked at the clock, it was already 8:30 am. Jason would be forced out of the territory at 4 pm.

That left me 7 and a half hours to get him on my side.

9:00 am

We had eaten breakfast and discussed tactics, beginning with ignorance.

I walked into the Lounge, to see Ophelia and Jason cuddling on the couch. I jumped down next to Jason and stole the remote from Ophelia's grasp.

She turned to glare at me and complained to Jason in a squeaky voice. I rolled my eyes and said, "Sweetheart, he can't do anything about it!"

Then I turned my back and changed the channel to see if there were any Doctor Who David Tennant re-runs on, when I saw there was one on, I pushed them off the couch with my feet and lay down. As they tumbled to the floor I fake gasped.

"Sorry, I forgot you were even there!" I said innocently. Then I turned and continued to watch the TV, not moving to make space for them.

Ophelia huffed and stormed out, Jason raised an eyebrow and moved to a chair somewhere else in the room.

I watched the whole episode, rooting for the Doctor when there was a tense scene. When it ended I pouted and sighed. Then I stood up, made sure to stretch in front of Jason, and walked out of the room.

9:30 am

Step two was to establish a bit of contact, but not enough to make him think I am chasing him.

I walked upstairs, 'accidentally' bumping into Jason on the way, "Oops!" I cried, and continued, ignoring the sparks erupting through my arms.

He turned and watched my legs as I continued upstairs. I walked into the corridor when I was confronted by Ophelia.

I had to admit, she had a hell of a lot of courage.

"God, you're so pathetic, you're acting totally sleazy, and it's obvious that Jason isn't going to be with you, he already made his choice. I mean, why would he want you? You're dressed like a fruit tart right now!" She hissed.