Chapter 16- Playing Alpha

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

Morning- the time of day at which I tended to wake up.

Except my awakening wasn’t filled with a yawn, a graceful stretch, and artfully messy bed head some people would call ‘sexy’.

My awakening was caused by a pain shooting through my shoulder.

I jerked awake and looked around, searching for the threat. Then I realised the reason for my painful awakening, was the floor. I had rolled off the bed, and ended up landing on my shoulder.

It appeared I was playing Twister. My body was pulling an extremely uncomfortable pretzel shape on the floor.

Nothing like Yoga in the morning, I commented dryly.

I let out a loud groan and crawled out of the blanket that was entrapping me. It took me a good two minutes to free myself from what seemed to be the equivalent of a Chinese Finger Trap.

A Chinese Body Trapping Blanket. The harder I tried to escape, the harder it became to escape.

So after emerging from my cocoon, I went to the bathroom to see what a beautiful butterfly I had become.

In the mirror, stood a brunette with purple and orange streaks and hair in an unpredictable tangle.

On the brunette’s face was smudged, blue eye shadow, and purple lipstick covering both the lips and the chin of the poor girl. It looked like a six year old was practicing with makeup.

The clothing she was wearing resembled a puffy pink ‘Princess Dress’. It had a few rips and stains covering it, probably caused by the makeup.

I sleep-shifted again, I complained to Libeth.

The princess dress had obviously been the reason behind my struggle with the blankets.

I sighed and shifted out of the repulsively puffy dress, and hopped in to the shower, too lazy to shift back into my normal form.

Shape shifters didn’t really need to shower, they could shift to appear clean. But even though they looked clean, there was still the feeling of greasy hair, and the need to feel clean would usually overpower them, making them shower at least once a week.

I used the rainforest scented body wash and scrubbed my body raw, most of all my face, being sure to rid it of the horrendous makeup job.  I then used the vanilla and coconut scented shampoo and conditioner to massage my scalp and clean my hair.

When I finished my shower, I hopped out and wrapped a towel around me. I brushed my teeth and sighed, looking at my cleaner appearance in the mirror.

I shifted into a pair of dark blue ripped jeans, some red converse and a red basketball singlet. My hair was up in a high pony tail, each streak of black curled separately to the silver.

I had thick mascara and some pale pink lip gloss on my face, but that was all the makeup I was wearing.

I headed downstairs and into the kitchen, where Macy was pouring herself a glass of OJ. When she was done, I grabbed the carton from the bench and poured myself a glass. I gave her a smile and headed over to the fridge to grab some leftover pancakes sitting in there. I took a plate of them and sat down on a stool next to the table.