Chapter 24- Time Alone

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 24

I woke up in the morning feeling amused at the previous day’s happenings, I had kissed Jason, and then when I went in to talk about where we were in our relationship, I found him watching Marley and Me on his TV.

Needless to say, I left and kept that as a little secret.

I slithered out of bed, in a very bizarre mood. I literally slithered.  Except I was in human form, so it didn't end up very graceful.

I tumbled out of the sheets after hurting my back from shaping my spine in weird ways, and scrambled to my feet. Still in drowsy mode, I stumbled into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

My hair was a haystack; there were literally bits of hay sticking out of it.

Ugh, Libeth complained, you know that it’s not me that shifts while you’re sleeping- you did this.

I hopped into the shower and washed off any excess dirt and oil, removing the tangles and hay from my hair. I climbed out and grabbed a towel, drying myself off. I turned and studied myself closely in the mirror.

My skin was glowing, clearly an after effect of Jason's kiss, my eyes seemed a brighter green than usual, and my lips seemed a shade brighter.

Interesting, I noted.

Not really. You finally kissed him, this usually happens. No big whoop. What is a big whoop though- you finally kissed him!

I rolled my eyes. I shifted into a pair of blue jeans, purple sneakers and a black singlet. My hair was down, curling at my waist.

I headed out of my room to find that Willow and Ani had built a barricade out in the hall, blocking pack members from coming near us.

I grinned sheepishly as they gave me unimpressed looks.

"It's time for full detail, Ben." Ani said seriously.

 After we cleaned up the War Zone, we headed down to the kitchen, where I found Jason with his whole head shoved in the fridge.

I snuck up on him and slammed the fridge door on him. He let out a shriek and jumped backwards before giving me a glare.

Aware that we had an audience, I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, pulling an expression that showed I was unimpressed. He immediately removed the glare from his face and tried a puppy dog face.

I let out a giggle at the fact I could completely change his attitude toward me with a look. Clearly Ani and Willow found it humorous too, as Ani giggled and Willow let out a chuckle.

I walked past him and opened the refrigerator. I pulled out the ingredients for chocolate chip pancakes and turned to face the three watching me intently.

I sighed, knowing I would regret my following words, "Who wants chocolate chip pancakes?"

They all grinned, Ani let out a squeal and Willow said, "Why thank you, kind sir."

Jason seemed unsure of how to react and went for the puppy dog approach, "Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top can I have some, especially if they have sugar on top?"