Chapter 23- Planning Love

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 23

Jason

"Get out of my room." I heard Stephani's voice behind me.

I jumped and turned to face her, not sure how to react. I gave her a sheepish grin and rubbed the nape of my neck.

"Uh- Hi, Steph- can I call you- wait, never- um... Hey Stephani." I stuttered.

She gave me an amused look as she leaned against the doorway. She stared me in the eyes, looking much more confident than usual.

She actually looked graceful, instead of a klutz.

Just as I was thinking that, she tipped too far back, leaning too much of her weight on the door. She stumbled to catch her balance and only succeeded in falling on her butt.

I raised an eyebrow, then realised that I was still in her room. I blushed and quickly jumped out the door, tripping over her legs in the process.

I fell, just as gracefully as she did.

I landed on top of her, our faces inches apart. It was incredibly awkward. And to make it worse... I heard a jealous growl behind us.

I turned to see Nixon, fuming as he marched toward me, looking intent on beating me to a pulp for 'making a move' on his mate.

I scrambled away from her and stuttered, "N-Nix, we fell, we both just tripped, we fell that way, I swear!"

He continued on his path toward me, only stopping to pick Ani off the ground. "Nix, he's telling the truth!" She cried, looking worried for my health.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and let her legs go limp, so he was dragging her behind him.

My back hit a wall and I gulped as he stopped a foot away from me. He bent down, so he was the only thing I could see, his nostrils flaring.

"Nix?" I squeaked.

His mouth twitched and he started shaking. I thought he was having a rage fit, before I saw his mouth twitch up in a grin.

He let out a laugh and wiped away the tears falling from his eyes.

"You- she- ha!" He laughed, grabbing me off the floor. He patted me on the back and choked, "I saw the- the- the whole thing, and I th-think you've met you-your match!"

He bent over, gasping for air. He clearly thought Ani was a match for my clumsiness. He was probably right.

I sighed and waited for him stop. Eventually he calmed down, still giggling every now and then.

"What were you doing in our room?" He asked me.

"Actually, I was looking for you." I told him.

He flashed me an evil grin and asked, "How may I be of service?"

I had to get Ben to like me somehow- I was fairly convinced she hated me.

So, inspired by earlier events, Nix and I devised a plan to get close to my mate.

I exited his room and entered the hallway, searching for Ben, waiting for my plan to come into action.

I saw her exit her room, headed for the staircase. I grinned, sending a wink to Nix as I bolted toward the staircase, before pausing in an attempt to look casual.