3. Runner

Ps. Check teaser in multimedia.

Chapter 3: Runner.

Three days had passed since the day the three husbands showed up at his doorstep. Also, three days since Victor and London railed him and left him without a word.

According to Milo's memories, it was Malcolm who deflowered him, yet it still hurt that Victor took this body's virginity and dipped. It didn't hurt any less that his first time with London was not special at all.

Regrets started filling his mind after the first day went by. On the second day, he delt with the insecurities of how bad he must've been to get ghosted by two men at once and on the third day, he is determined to stop being a pathetic mess and get his life back together, therefore, he agrees to Owen's job opportunity.

On the fourth day, he wakes up to hop in the shower, during which he tries hard to keep all the negative thoughts away. It was after all a new day and a new beginning for him.

Half an hour later, he is dressed and ready to leave his apartment when he gets a text on his smartphone from Owen, telling him he'd be picking him up for work.

He groans at the unnecessary social interaction with his friend, slash boss and takes his backpack before stepping out of his apartment.

"Did you get my text?" He jumps from fright as he tries to insert the key in the lock and turns around to a very well dressed Owen with the same sly smirk.

"I hate your face," Milo rolls his eyes, faking a gag reflex and turns around to finish locking his apartment.

"I missed you too bestie," Owen throws his shiny smile and drops his arm on Milo's wrist as he drags the pale faced human across the corridor towards the stairs.

"I'm not kidding Owen, I really hate your face and stop appearing out of the blue because I'm so fucking close to getting a heart attack," he keeps complaining as they walk down the stairs, both not trusting the rusty elevator of Milo's rundown building.

"Stop saying that, you know it hurts my feelings," Owen fakes a pout as they reach the third floor and squeezes Milo's neck in his arm.

"Why are you here, Owen! I told you we can't be friends!" Milo decides to change the subject on a more serious note.

After breaking the bond without succeeding to reveal Toby's nature, he apologized to Owen and decided to cut ties with him, but the light fae didn't like the idea of that. Instead, he kept pressuring him to work for him, a safer job with a good pay according to the man.

"I just want to celebrate my friend's first day at work!" Owen exclaims in a high pitched tone as they reach the hall, ignoring the part where Milo didn't want to be friends.

"You promised me that you give me no special treatment at work, why are you giving me rides now?" Milo's questions are back again as the fairy opens the car door for him once they reach the outside.

"I just want to celebrate my friend's first day at work!" Milo's hand is itching to slap the lopsided smile off Owen's face when he repeats the same sentence like a broken record but he decides against it and instead chooses to rolls his eyes and just accept his fate as the fairy's friend.

After the most painful twenty minutes of Milo's life, filled with Owen's enthusiasm and bad singing, they finally arrive at their destination and the joyful fairy slips his human friend a purple keychain.

"What's this?" Milo inspects the object in his palm after removing the seatbelt, taken back by the glowy glitter inside the heart shaped gift.

"A gift," Owen's smile almost rips his cheeks as he reads Milo's emotions of happiness and joy.