4. Soup

Chapter 4: Soup.

The dark warlock watched from afar the human's chest move up and down with each intake of breath. He didn't want to wake him up just yet, he enjoyed the sight of Milo's soft hair spilling over his pillow case like it belonged there, the dip his small body made in the mattress of his bed and those relatively small fingers caressing his bed sheets in their sleep.

Malcolm's life was complicated, to become what he is, the warlock had to go against everything he believed in and cherished. His endless greed for power is what fueled his greatness, as well as his demons. But as he watched the weak, defenseless human sprawled on his bed, all he could yearn for is vulnerability.

Something about Milo made him want to be vulnerable, just for the human's eyes.

He might be the infamous Malcolm, the ruler of Hell and the tainted soul, but since the day he started dreaming of that face, all he wanted to be, or to become, is a lover.

He wanted to know what it'd feel to have someone hold your hand when you are feeling down, someone to kiss your forehead when they think you fell asleep during the movie. For a flying moment, he wished he could get physically hurt and have someone rush by his side, tend to his wounds.

"Fucking hell," he groans, voicing his frustrations as he feels the empty feeling overwhelming his chest once again.

Up till the day he found out that the man from his dreams existed, Malcolm had no hopes of being loved, he had no fears and no vulnerabilities. He couldn't even understand why the existence of Milo disturbed him that much, why it spoke to parts of him that even he didn't know existed. It was most obvious that what he felt towards him wasn't natural, you don't feel strongly about people you don't know.
Yet I feel like I know him more than I do.

"You are complicating things," an all too familiar voice breaks Malcolm from his torment and for a split second there, the warlock was happy to have his sibling there.

"Get out Ramiel!" The warlock rolls his eyes, not having to turn back to recognize the intruder.

"Power needs balance, brother!" Ramiel strides towards their brother after hiding away their wings and retaking their human form. "He is your balance!"

"I said," Malcolm repeats through clenched teeth, "Get out!" The warlock's orbs are drown in the shadows, revealing his true demonic self as he turns around to his biological sibling.

"Just because you succeeded in overtaking the throne of hell, it doesn't make you invincible. You keep acting almighty and you will fall again! Till when do you plan on keeping this charade of earthly creature?" The accusatory tone in the angel's voice sends them flying across the room with their back pinned against the wall. "You are not a warlock, you are the Devil!" They choke through the hand squeezing their neck.

"Which one of you did this? Which one of you sent me a fucking soulmate!" Malcolm's voice roars as he questions the struggling angel.

"Th-. The council!" Malcolm releases Ramiel's neck as if it burned him after he said that word, sending them coughing on their knees.

Ramiel were sure their neck was bruised as they held onto it with both hands, checking for broken bones but they also knew Malcolm wouldn't harm them as much.

They were his blood after all.

"They had no right to do so! That's an infringement of my free will!" His voice is noticably calmer, more collected as he waits for more answers to his sticky predicament.

"That's not true, we both know you can opt of an annulment, all you have to do is show up at the council!" Ramiel shake their head as they stand back on their feet, neck slightly bent down from the pressure it suffered.