17 : intertwined fingers

"You liked dandelions because when you were tortured, you always made a wish by blowing on dandelions to become happier and safer, am I right? I think you did this daily because your neighbour planted dandelions right?"
Jungwon suddenly brought about this topic and he saw Hwayoung got shocked.

"Jungwon, let's not bring up about my past."
Hwayoung stuttered slightly as looked away nervously.

"I was just trying to see if my guess was right. Seems like it was."
Jungwon shrugged.

"Anyways, what do you want to do for now?"
Jungwon decided to change the topic since he felt a little guilty for making Hwayoung uncomfortable.

"I'm not sure."
Hwayoung replied as she scratched her neck.

Would it be awkward if I asked her that?

It doesn't hurt to try right?

"Hwayoung, do you want to spend the rest of the day with me?"
Jungwon suddenly asked.

"The rest of the day?"
Hwayoung's eyes widened in shock.

Please agree!

"Oh, I'm sorry I can't. I have-"

Not this stupid excuse- what the fuck-

"You know that it's alright to just leave your dinner appointment with Jake. I'm sure he is with some girls right now."
Jungwon cut in frustratedly.

"True... But-"

"Come on! Let's just go!"
Jungwon cut Hwayoung off and without any warning, he dragged her along.

{{ }}

"Why are you even so concerned about Jake? Doesn't everyone already know that he's a playboy? I thought you were smart enough, seems like you are one of the dumb ones."
Jungwon scoffed as he placed his hand on the steering wheel when the traffic light turned green.

"No, I do know that he's a playboy and everything. But, he made a deal with me..."
Hwayoung paused and looked down at her fingers guiltily.

"What deal?"
Jungwon raised his eyebrow as he started to park his car.

How am I supposed to tell him?

Am I going to die?

What were you thinking just now, Eo Hwayoung?!

Are you stupid for real or what?

Aish, I should just tell him, right?

It will be worse if I did not-

"He said that if I joined him for dinner, he would tell me a secret about you."
Hwayoung stammered softly, afraid of the tension that she was about to face with Jungwon.