21 : timing

For the two days, Hwayoung always sat alone during lunchtime.

Now, she even lost a good friend — Jake.

Did Jake seriously like me?

Now, she was just in the canteen, sitting alone like usual as she took small glances at the other two.

"They looked so happy together..." Hwayoung let out as she threw away her tray of lunch again.

She hated the fact that deep inside her heart, she felt extremely envious of Sihyo.

"But, come to think of it, she was more perfect for Jungwon."
Hwayoung kept on telling herself that so many times already.

And, she still could not accept it.

All of a sudden, she saw Sihyo stood up in front of Jungwon and many people were surrounding the both of them.

Out of curiosity, Hwayoung followed suit and saw Sihyo about to confess to Jungwon about something.

Please don't let it be that thing-

"Yang Jungwon, do you want to go out with me?"
Sihyo confessed out loud in front of everyone.

Fuck-

Oohs and aahs could be heard across the canteen as soon as they heard Sihyo's confession.

Whereas, Hwayoung just stood there, begging the shit out of herself.

She felt so guilty for being so selfish but, she just could not control her emotions now.

She then looked at Jungwon who already had his eyes on her.

"Come on, Jungwon! Just accept her already! The woman has already been handed to you! Plus points for her confessing to you first!"
One of Jungwon's friends cooed out and everyone, excluding Hwayoung, replied with squeals.

Jungwon still held his gaze on Hwayoung.

He could see from the sight of her eyes that Hwayoung was feeling heartbroken yet hopeful at the same time.

What does she want me to reply with?

There were several possibilities as to why Hwayoung looked at him like this.

Does she want me to reply with a 'yes' so that she can finally be glad that I'm able to love and trust others?

Or does she want me to reply with a 'no' since she likes me?

Eo Hwayoung, how should I answer?

Fortunately, for both of them, the fiercest teacher in our school came by and everyone hastily went back to their seats.