Chapter 3

The next day, Gale was asleep when she heard a loud horn and Leonard yell, "5 minutes until departure. Please get your belongings and check in to the boats." She realized she overslept and needed to hurry. She opened her suitcase and ran all over the house to get what she needed. After packing food and toiletries, she packed in some of the books she had about the golden egg. She tries to close the suitcase, but it doesn't work. She begins to jump on the case but it launches her to the ceiling. Luckily, she landed on her bed. Then she decides to remove the book and leave the suitcase behind. "I guess this is the only thing I need." Gale says to herself.

Meanwhile more than half of the population of Bird Island were packed up and ready to leave. Leonard wrote down their names and asked what they were looking forward to doing there so he can let it happen. Then came the birds he knew. Chuck wanted to throw a party. Bomb wanted to introduce them to eating dirt. Leonard thought it was silly but he wrote it down anyways because he knew some of the pigs in Piggy Island might be crazy enough to eat dirt. Silver wanted to show her inventions to the pigs. Stella wanted to do a talent show. Then when he was done, he yells, "Okay, all ashore that's going ashore." Just as he was about to close the door, he hears a voice yell, "Wait. Let me aboard!"

He turns around and he sees Gale running as fast as she can with no suitcase. Just a book. He goes to her and says, "Oh, sorry. Are you the last one?" She nods. Then Leonard says, "Well, give me your name and what you plan to do there."

"I'm Gale and I was wondering if I can maybe sleep in the castle."

Leonard looked at her and thought about it. Then he said, "Well, okay. We also offer a tour if you are interested in that too."

"Oh yes, that would be lovely. I would like to see what it's like inside the shiny castle." Gale said.

Leonard writes it down and checks to see if there's any last second birds wanting to go. After a minute of waiting, Courtney comes out from the boat and says, "Leonard, some of the birds are getting impatient. I think we need to go now." He waves goodbye to the island and shuts the door.

The boat begins to sail away from the island and the birds looking through the windows wave goodbye to those back at the island. Red watched it slowly leave and he says, "Well, I hope he didn't trick us. He better come back in a week like he said. Otherwise, we may have to get the birds in Piggy Island back."

He sees Mighty Eagle leaving and he asks, "Wait, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to Piggy Island." Mighty Eagle says. "I noticed how concerned you are about this so I'm going to keep watch there in case something does happen. If so, I will come back as quick as I can." Then he flies away.