Chapter 24

Everyone boarded the boat on the island. By then it was sunset. As they were about to leave, Gale looks back and says, "Come to think of it, this was a great place to be in. Maybe we should come by again for a vacation. After all, the beast is now turned to gold." Then she sees a butterfly and thinks it's cute. Then it opens up a claw on the tail and pinches Gale on the forehead. She yells and says, "Get it off! Get it off!"

Bomb smacks it off her head, then it flies towards Bomb and pinches his tail. The pain causes Bomb to explode and destroy the boat. The hatchlings clap and say, "Yay, again, again!"

"No, I think I'm good." Bomb chuckles.

"Nice going Bomb, now how are we going to get home?" Leonard says upset. Bomb's smile immediately disappears after he realizes that the boat is destroyed.

Just then, a shadow appeared on top of them. Everyone looks up and there are many blimps above them. These are the same ones shown in the beginning of The Angry Birds Movie 2. Courtney was controlling the one in front. She has a megaphone and says into it. "There they are. I see them!"

Everyone cheers as the pigs on the blimps throw ropes down to get those still on the island.

"3 people grab on to each rope. That's how many we can fit in each of the blimps." Courtney said. When they lift everyone into the blimps, they begin the flight back to Piggy Island.

When they arrive, it was nighttime and many birds and pigs including Mighty Eagle, Zeta, and Debbie were waiting on the beach. The blimps land and everyone gets out. Once they do, Gale speaks up in front of the citizens of Piggy Island, "Listen up everyone. I stole the crown from Leonard just so you may all obey me and I get what I want. As you can see, I have the golden egg in my hands and at first I wanted to use it to get revenge on my enemies. Now I see that I was wrong and I am offering you an apology. I am also offering you this egg. I would like for it to be in a safe place where no one would take it or get turned into gold. What do you say?"

The pigs applauded and agreed to keep the egg. Then Gale continues, "And I'm giving the throne back to Leonard Mudbeard so you may now once again call him King Mudbeard."

The citizens of Piggy Island cheer loudly as they have Leonard back on the throne. "Thank you all for that." Leonard says. "I have promised you birds to give you all a tour around this island and we still haven't done that yet. Now that I have returned, we will get started tomorrow. Now let's get some sleep, because after the tour, we will have a party! And for those who want to return to Bird Island, we have a boat that will take you home tonight."

Some of the birds including Red, Chuck, Bomb, Hal, Bubbles, Stella and her friends including Gale agreed to go back to Bird Island. When they got there, they saw everyone with flashlights looking everywhere for hatchlings. Then they see Red on the boat and charge towards it.

At first, Red thought they were welcoming him back home, but he quickly realized they were attacking him when they began throwing rocks at him. Then Terence storms inside the boat, growls at Red and corners him. He was ready to punch his lights out when Matilda asked. "Where are my kids you kidnapper?!"

Red was scared out of his mind and said, "Listen I can explain. You don't understand."

"Mommy, Daddy!" Zoey said. Then she and her sisters hugged them tightly. Then Zoey said, "Red is the best babysitter ever! He took us on a journey to find a legendary golden egg and stop a bad guy! Can he babysit us again?" Then she and her sisters give them a cute look and say, "Pleeeease?"

Matilda and Terence look at each other and she says to Red, "Only if you clean up our house that you made a huge mess in."
Red remembered that he did all that while Matilda and Terence were gone.