Chapter 16

"Whew, that was close." Jay said in relief. All of them ran to a nearby tree and hid behind it.

"But now all of our friends are in trouble." Sam Sam said. "We've got to do something."

"Yeah, but what?" Vincent asks. "We are just hatchlings."

They all begin discussing plans on how to save them when Zoey stands on a rock and says, "Listen up everyone! Red brought us here for a reason. He was supposed to watch us all and now he needs our help. All my life I have waited for this moment. To save someone who needs to be rescued. To do something adventurous. I'm not going to stand here and let him die. He saved us when we were in an egg, and now it's our turn to save him. Who's with me?!"

All of them stood in awe after her speech. Then Jay raised his hand and said, "I'm coming with you."

"Me too." Jake said.

"Me three." Jim said.

Then all of them raised their hands and agreed to go with Zoey. Then Zoey said, "Great. Now let's go stop that evil bird!" Then the hatchlings run and cheer loudly. They cheered so loud that it was heard by a gigantic creature with purple and yellow stripes on its body from miles away. It woke up, growled and began walking towards the sound.
Meanwhile, everyone is walking closer to the volcano. Gale begins to get tired of walking, so she says, "Ugh. My feet are beginning to hurt. Victor, I want you and the others to build me a royal chair. I need to save my energy for the end of the journey."

"Yes my Queen." Victor says and he yells to the other pigs. "YOU HEARD HER!! GET TO WORK!!" The pigs freak out and start working on it.

After an hour of working, they finally got it done. She sat down on the chair and says, "You could have done better but we don't have time for improvements. Then she points at four pigs and directs them to carry the chair. They all look at each other and do so. Then they continue walking.

As they begin walking again, Chuck begins to talk to Stella. "So, when do we do that date we agreed to?"

"Definitely not now Chuck." Stella whispered. "This is a horrible time to be asking about this."

Red continues to feel guilty about losing the hatchlings and Silver notices. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have brought them here. Now they're probably lost, maybe eaten alive by one of those beasts."

"Red, it's alright." Silver says trying to comfort him. "We can figure this out. As soon as we get out of this, we will search for them."

"I've never felt this guilty in my life." Red says. "I should have stayed in Bird Island and not get involved in this mess."

"Hey, I'm sure they are okay." Silver says. "We can get through this together. I mean, Zoey is brave and fierce. She did say that she beat up a boa constrictor trying to rescue her sisters. Maybe she can avoid this beast somewhere in this island. Just try to stay confident. Can you do that for me?" Then she holds his hand and kisses his cheek. Red's eyebrows raise quickly afterwards. He nods with confidence and thanks her for helping him stay positive.