7. Why Me?

Everleigh Dolan

My mind was clouded with thoughts of my so called 'mate'.

It was so strange to believe I was made for someone.

I was excited, watching the clock go in seconds till the bell would ring and not only to see Roman which I don't even know why I'm thinking about that but I also get to go home early.

When the bell rang I walked out seeing the tall boy leaning against the wall, waiting and staring dead into my soul.

"Hi Evie." He smiled.

"Hi Roman." I smiled back in a polite manner.

His hand pushed on the small of my back and I suddenly wished I wore my backpack instead of putting it in my locker.

"You look like your thinking." He said and I looked up at him.

"Oh well I-"

"Hey!" A voice interrupted and the boy Dallas I think from earlier and a girl stopped by.

"Hi?" I said while I was being looked at.

"What?" Roman asked slightly pulling me behind him.

"Oh my gosh it's true! Oh I'm so happy." The girl chirped and I grew confused.

"I told you." Dallas said and arms wrapped around me.

I didn't know what to do as she was nearly being ripped off me.

Roman stood in front of me.

"Too touchy Mandy." Dallas said and the girl sighed.

"Sorry I'm a bit drunk. Feels great." She giggled.

"We're leaving." Dallas nodded and I bent down to pick up the things I dropped.

"Come on." Roman took my notebook and pencil from me, grabbing my wrist and dragging me to Chem.

We sat down and I put my head down as I grew tired.

"Fuck it, we're leaving." Roman grabbed my stuff and his, grabbing under my arm and pulling me to my feet like it was the easiest task ever.

I walked and we skipped lockers as I went to my car and tried taking my things but he said he had it.

I just drove home and he followed me.

-

I parked and our parents had smiled as Vic was running to my car and hitting my window.

I opened the door to hear.

"It's my girlfriend!" And I giggled at the smaller version of Roman who gave me his biggest smile as he hugged my leg.

"Thank you." I said and took his hand as we walked inside, Roman easily on my other side, holding my wrist.

"Isn't that just romantic." I laughed sarcastically and he looked down.

"Fine." His fingers clasped through mine tightly causing a mental malfunction.

"How romantic is it now Evie love?" He asked.

"I-uhm-well-"

"Fucking adorable." He mumbled, letting go and grabbing his brother leaving me to recover myself.

"Momma." I smiled when she offered a hug.

"Oh I hate my hours, I can barely see you." She hugged me.

"I can get a job momma, I can work and help you." I offered.

"No ma'am I'm your momma, I don't expect you to do anything, you didn't ask to be born you just were and it's my job to take care of the life I put into this world." She said and I sighed.

"I know you always tell me but I wanna help you." I complained.

"No dear. Let's go eat, have a good time together." She said and I nodded as she held my hand and took me to the kitchen.

"Hello." Mrs. James smiled at me, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you for everything Mrs. James." I said and she laughed.

"It's Kasey honey." She smiled.

"I'm Rune. None of that Mr. James crap. I can't possibly be that old yet." He shook his head and I smiled.

"You're eating." Roman claimed and didn't ask.

"Fine." I said and he nodded.

I began preparing my plate.

"My parents are making us sit right by each other." Roman said behind me.

"Bad thing?" I asked putting a clump of mashed potatoes on my plate.

"Never. You're more sour about this than I am." He said and I grinned.

"So you like this arrangement?" I asked.

"Any moment to be close to you and smell your amazing scent is worth it to me. I can't wait until you feel the same." He put the same food on his plate and I went to the table, sitting myself down.

"Thank you so much." I smiled.

"Oh of course. Anytime, we've never had such kind neighbors." Kasey smiled.

Roman sat beside me and tugged my chair by his side and put his hand on my leg and I took a bite of food making me almost choke.

"Such kind neighbors." He said and gripped my thigh before letting it go.

Why me god?