30...its a yes.

Roman James

"I don't wanna go!" Vic started crying, holding onto mom.

"Okay come sit real quick you have time." Mom looked at me and patted the bed.

I went and sat down, she placed Vic in my lap and grabbed my hand.

"I have news." She smiled.

"What?" Vic smiled.

"I still will be here a while longer however, I'm cured." She smiled and I saw dad massaging her shoulders with tears falling from his face.

"You didn't know?" I asked dad.

"No." He cried and kissed her head while his body shook.

"Evie was the first to know." She smiled.

"Really?" Vic asked.

"Yep. So please. Go home and don't worry about anything okay. Roman?" She directed to me.

"I won't mama. You hear that Vic. Mom isn't sick no more." I kissed his hair and he gasped.

"Yay! Good job mommy!" He went and hugged her while I stood and went to my dad.

"You okay?" I asked and he put his head on my shoulder.

"I'm so happy." He sniffed and I rubbed his back.

"Do something for me son." He walked and I walked backward as he didn't let me go.

"Of course." I said and he chuckled.

"You plan on being with Ev forever?" He asked.

"Of course I do."

"Propose. Propose to her, love her, be with her and make her happy. Love her smile and laugh and body and show her what love is supposed to be. I know it's quick since your teens but this made me realize how horrifying it is not to savor the great with your mate." He pulled back and looked at me.

Do. It. Do it. Make her yours. Your wife, your person. Make eternity moron.

I will.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Here." He placed mom's ring in my hand.

"A month ago I got your mom a new ring when I lost some uhm... faith. Here's hers." He said and I smiled at it.

It looked new.

"Thank you

"Thank you." I smiled.

"I mean yet don't mean to rush you. I just can't have you regretting anything." He patted my shoulder.

"We have to get going. I love you guys." I smiled and kissed moms head.

"Love you! I gotta go on the airplane now! Romie gives me the window seat and peanuts!" Vic hopped into my arms and I laughed.

"Alright. I love you boys. Be safe." Mom smiled and I walked out the happiest I've been in the past two weeks.

-

Why was I horrified? Maybe because it's late and I haven't seen her.

I went through my window and into her room, sitting on the bed and her smell ran through my nose and mouth, intoxicating my lungs.

My mouth watered and I clutched her sheets.

Her mom wasn't here and I heard her walking up the stairs, my heart racing.

I stood and she gasped when she saw me standing in her dark room.

"Hi babygirl." I smiled at the large hoodie of mine she must've stolen.

She walked in slowly and a lot less excited than I had expected.

"It's only been two weeks." I laughed.

"Shhhh." She mumbled and my hands went to her waist as she pressed her body against mine.

"Fuck." I groaned when her hands touched my bare skin on my neck.

The tingles felt so good.

"I missed you so much." She clutched my shirt and pushed me down onto her bed before she climbed onto me.

I put my hands on the back of her thighs and moved up, she wore no underwear, no bra under my sweatshirt.

"I need you to kiss me." I mumbled and she chuckled.

I can't see her.

My heart raced, it was a feeling of fear I was experiencing.

It was like she was on me but not enough, I can't see her, taste her, feel her enough. I began panicking and I didn't know why.

It was like having something in your grasp but it was slipping more than you'd like to.

"What's wrong?" She asked and I laid there, confused and anxious as my breathing was short.

She turned on her lamp and walked to me.

She pressed her lips to my neck and I heard her inhale.

"Take this off." I mumbled and she listened, her body bare to me.

I sat up and got undressed myself.

"Lie down." I said and she did, her head on her pillow.

I got on top of her and hovered so I could see her face.

"Don't tease me when I say I have to kiss you Everleigh." I said and I think that's why I didn't feel okay.

Our skin touched as I kissed her and she opened her mouth, letting me taste her and I groaned, my body cooling and my heart slowing.

Separation issues. Softie.

Shut up.

I turned her lamp off and laid on her chest, her hands going through my hair as I began doing what I craved doing for the past two weeks. I grabbed my pants and dug through my pocket before lying back down.

"Left hand." I said and she put her hand out.

"Why?" She asked.

"Nothing big, you're just my fiancée is all." I kissed her hand after I slid the ring on and she shoved me.

"What? Nothing big?" She asked, her eyes wide.

"It's a no then?" I smirked, looking up at her.

"No it's a yes." She whispered making me laugh.

"Shut up." She hit my back and I pulled the covers over us.

"I love you. Go to sleep." I began sucking on her nipple and a small moan left her mouth.

"I love you."