12

^^Alec

Matt rubbed his forehead before motioning to the team to bring me to a car. Matt drove the car while I glared at him through the rearview mirror. I noticed we were driving for a really long time and the landscape began to look more bare. I searched for a sign on the highway and recognized Spanish instead of French. My eyes widened as I realized they were taking me to Spain. If anything, I thought Matt would take me back to Italy.

That means my family didn't know what was going on. Matt was SO getting fired when they find out.

"Why are we in Spain?" I demanded. "Bring me to Italy."

"You're out of your jurisdiction. I don't have to listen to you." Matt spoke as he drove.

"Why Spain?" I kept demanding.

"It's not Italy, meaning I wouldn't have to listen to you." He spared me a glance.

I continued glaring at him, until he got uncomfortable and looked away. My arms were crossed while I radiated hostile energy. The ride felt so long and I fought with myself to stay awake. I was exhausted from crying and the emotional turmoil, but I didn't want to fall asleep. It was hard, but I managed to stay awake even throughout the night.

We pulled up to a two story villa. Matt instructed the men to lead me out. I then recognized a few cars there as well. The security began speaking to someone over the radio while I flitted my eyes to Matt. He gave me a knowing look before having me enter. I was confused until I saw Dante and Dom waiting inside. The men were about to pull their guns on my family, but Matt calmed them down.

"They intercepted us." One of them stated.

"More like we put a tracker in every member of our family." Dom spoke.

I knew what he was saying was bullshit, but his bluff was really good. Matt must've tipped them off about our location. I still was pissed at him and this wouldn't make up for everything. One of the men called Kate to report the incident and based on her tone, she was furious. I ignored them and approached Dante, who wrapped me in a tight hug. I sniffled against his chest as I tried to control my tears.

"Everything will be okay." He kissed my head. "I'll make sure of it."

"What's the meaning of abducting her?!" Dom demanded. "We want answers."

"It's none of your concern." Matt spoke.

"Matthew, you're a member of my pack. I'm your alpha and I demand you-"

"I'm leaving your pack." Our eyes widened at his words. "I'm more loyal to the safety of everyone in this realm than one pack."

"I hate you." I sneered before waking into the living room. Dom and some of the personnel followed me. "How is she?"

"She doesn't know." My eyes widened since I thought they'd inform Zena. "We didn't want to tell her without asking your permission and getting a better understanding of the situation." Dom sighed. "We didn't know what was going on, so we wanted to get a better understanding of the situation before contacting the vamp-"

"No contacting them." One of them spoke. "That would be interfering with the investigation. If you contact them, you'll be apprehended."

"What?!" Dom and I snapped.

"You heard him." Matt entered. "We don't need people knowing-"

"That means you don't have a probable case-"

"I'd stop if I were you." Matt walked forward. "Don't threaten, Mia." He whispered. "Everything you say can and will be used against you."

"Want to read me my rights?" I asked through gritted teeth.