16

Melody and Alexander returned to the party. She became a new person. She floated around the room, dancing, and spending time with new friends. She was happy, and light, she looked radiant. Alexander was kicking himself for not getting this started the day her mom hit her. The moment he knew what Randy had done in gym class. He could have saved her from so much if he had been braver and told his uncle sooner.

This was what she was like when she felt safe. He had so rarely had the chance to see it. He wanted to spend the rest of his life dedicated to making her feel safe, and loved, and cherished the way she deserved. So that he could return some of the joy she had brought him just by being nearby.

It had become late, Alexander and Melody had danced the night away in each other's arms. Melody had ignored several calls from her mother before turning her phone off and tucking it away and never looking at it again that night. Alexander was stalling, but he knew it was time. It was time to tell her now, or tuck her into bed and waste another night where she didn't know the truth. He didn't want to waste another moment with lies between them. She was perfect. He had faith she could handle his secrets. As the night drew on she had pressed herself closer against him more and more. Her hands lingering longer than was needed. He could smell how wet she was, how badly she wanted him. It was making it hard for him to focus on anything but how badly he wanted her as well.

"Melody, do you want to take a walk with me?" He finally worked up his nerve. He was going to take her for a walk along one of the nearby forest trails. Lay everything out in the open once and for all. Return some of the trust she had put in him,

She was growing sleepy with the late hour, but she looked up at him, from her position underneath his arm, curled into his side, through her heavy lashes and nodded, "I would love to take a walk with you." He could almost read her mind with how her thoughts played across her face. She thought he was going to get her alone and finally start to engage in some of their mutual fantasies. He hated that he was going to disappoint her just this once. After tonight, there wouldn't be any more secrets keeping them apart.

She stayed snuggled into his side, safely tucked up under his arm as he lead them first out the main doors back into the night. Then along a manicured and well kept gravel path that took a shallow loop through the nearby woods. All under the bright watchful face of the full moon. At the halfway point of the trail, there was a stone bench, with several ornamental trees, and flower beds set up. The trees were mostly naked, save for a few evergreens, the flowers were long gone, anticipating the approaching winter, but the spot was still beautiful. Especially in the moonlight with the faint sound of music from the party carrying on the wind. Alexander was leading Melody by the hand and beckoned her to sit down. He had to stop himself from laughing as she sat down on the certainly chilled stone bench, her eyes going wide as her backside came to rest on the stone. He realised that her short skirt would do nothing to shield her backside from the cold. He was suddenly envious of a bench.

Her breathing had become more shallow and rapid, her eyes hazy with lust as she looked at him. He hated that he was going to have to ruin this almost perfect moment. "Melody, I know we haven't been together that long-"

"Iwantyoutotakemyvirginity!" Melody spat out, the words running together like they were one. She immediately blushed, and covered her mouth with her hands as she looked at him expectantly. Alexander paled. He knew that was her intention, but now he couldn't just ignore her subtle hints. All her cards were on the table now. He knew she wanted him, but he wasn't sure if she had any experience. Until now. She was going to be his and only his. If wolves could dance, his would be in his mind right now.

He took her small hand in his own, "I would love nothing more, but I need to tell you the truth about a couple things" Alexander hated how she flinched, how fear crept into her face. How worried and scared she smelled now. Hated how she pulled her hand back to herself and away from him.

"What do you mean? What are you saying?" Most of all he hated how her voice broke and wavered when she spoke. He had to move quickly, to get her past this last scary part.

"Melody, I-" his voice stumbled, he had never had to tell someone this before, he had no idea what he was doing. "I am, You see, there are. Things. Things you thought were made up aren't..." He was at a loss for words.

She looked around in the dark woods, "Alexander? What are you saying? I don't understand. You're scaring me." he could smell her panic, she was more than scared right now. It was killing him, he had to man up and just tell her already.

"I'm sorry. I'm not trying to scare you. I've just, never had to tell this to someone, what I need to tell you."

She was still terrified. Fuck he was ruining this. She was going to run away and leave him. Time to pull the bandaid off, "I'm a werewolf Melody, and I love you and will Love you until my last breath."

He watched as her breath and very heart beat hitched and stopped for a moment before starting again at an irregular pace. "Werewolves aren't real." her voice breathy and shallow. Barely audible at all.

"They are Melody. I am one. You know this. You've seen it. That night I found you in the woods. You saw the pack as wolves in that field. The eyes you saw watching you in your window that night? That was me. I couldn't stop my wolf from hunting you, to get a look at you. You followed us, and I had to take you home to keep you safe. I didn't mean for you to follow me into the woods that night."

"Your shirt was inside out that night" her voice dazed, "you didn't have shoes," her eyes looking at something far in the distance that she couldn't really see. "The wolves were too big to be normal wolves..."

"Yes. We're bigger than wild wolves. Also bigger based on innate power levels." He said, holding both her hands in his, she didn't flinch from his touch or pull away. He watched as her eyes started to deglaze, understanding starting to flicker through her face. She no longer smelled of panic, she was calming down.

"You said you love me, will love me until your last breath or something. Is this like the Twilight imprinting thingy? Or something?" There, that was it. That look in her eyes just now as she made a twilight joke. That was his Melody. She was accepting this. It was going to be ok. For the first time in his life he was thankful Twilight existed.

"Similar." he hated that he knew enough about the franchise to know that the bones of twilights 'imprinting' wasn't too different from the bond between mates, "Werewolves are devoted to our goddess, Selene who gifts us the ability to know our perfect soul mate. She picks a soul that perfectly complements our own and our wolf, someone who will complete us in a way no one else could. I know without question that you are the one for me. I want to spend the rest of my life proving to you how special, how worthy, how perfect you are in every way. I want to bring you more joy than you have ever known. I want to give you the world, the sun, moon, and stars." There almost all of it was in the open now.

"Werewolves are real. You are a werewolf." Her voice shook, she was in shock. But she looked like she was trying to process everything, not breaking down. Yet, at least. If she could hold herself together through this, they could do anything together.

"Yes. I am for you, and you are for me, and I am a werewolf. Are you ok Melody?" His voice laced with worry. He needed her to be ok with this, he couldn't fathom what he would do if she rejected him now.

"Yes. I think so. Can I." she paused, "Is there a room for me? I want to lie down, I need. I need time?" her voice weak, and broke several times, but she never let go of his hand. He was going to focus on how she never let go of his hand. She was silent as he led her back to the main house, up to the second floor and a room that his uncle had already earmarked for her.

The room was just down the hall from Alexander's, and was one of suites that had their own washroom. Ensuring Melody would have privacy. Alexander had tried to decorate it and furnish the room with things she liked and would need. She had her own TV, a computer desk, and a separate table for her sewing machine. He would have loved to do more preparation but he hadn't had enough time.

He opened the door, but her eyes were unseeing, she continued to stay silent as he led her into the room, he explained where everything she might need was, and that he was just down the hall if she needed him. She gripped his hand tighter when he tried to disengage to leave her with her thoughts. His heart sang when she quietly asked him to stay with her.