20

"Melody, where did this bear come from?"

"It was here when I moved in, Robert, Randy and Royal set up the room before I arrived. I'm a little old for bears, but I didn't want to be rude so I kept it. Why?"

Alexander picked up the bear, turning it over all around, but didn't see anything suspicious. "Is it ok if I rip this?" He asked her, stopping himself from just tearing it apart. She nodded, and he immediately ripped the head off the bear. Inside were wires, a transmitter, and a tiny spy camera set up to look out through the teddy bear's eye. Alexander pulled out all the pieces and looked at them, he thought he would find something like this, but thinking and seeing it right in front of you are two very different things.

"Alexander? Is that..." she trailed off, unable to bring herself to say the words.

"It's a camera Melody. Someone has been recording you in your room. He put the torn up bear back on the shelf" pausing to mind link the lawyer and cop to get up here, and more enforcers to come upstairs and keep the brothers away. "Call my phone again."

"But you found it? Why do you need another call?"

"Because I don't think it's the only one." his voice dark as he held himself in control.

She did as he asked, and they found a second camera hidden in her bathroom just as the lawyer and police officer came up the stairs.

"What did you need Alex?" The tall willowy lawyer asked. Melody felt bad that she hadn't caught his name before.

"Someone has been recording Melody in her room with hidden cameras. We found two already and were about to check for more. Melody, call my phone again." Everyone was silent as Melody dialed his number once again, they heard his phone start to vibrate as the call connected and the now haunting buzzing sound of electrical interference. The last camera was in the ceiling directly over Melody's bed. A choked gasp fell from her lips as she dialed one more. Thankfully, this time it was silent in the room.

"Three fucking camera's in her room Will." Alexander was on the edge of losing control. He was enraged that Melody had been secretly recorded, probably since she had moved in. All of a sudden there was a commotion in the hall below. Melody could hear Randy yelling at someone, whose voice was such a low baritone it was hard to make out what was being said from the attic. Everyone bundled down the stairs in the a hurry to see one of the large enforcers with Randy in a headlock, while he calmly told Robert to stay the fuck back. Royal was still in his room, looking shocked by what was happening in front of him.

"Gus. Report." The officer spoke to the enforcer, but it sounded more like Military commands now.

"Sir. I overheard that hidden camera's had been found in the young misses room. I looked in to see this scumbag trying to delete files off his computer, I stopped him, and that other one hit me with a wooden bat and tried to keep on deleting files." Robert was glaring at Gus as Randy continued to struggle uselessly against the much stronger man.

"Melody..." Royal's voice broke as he looked at his brothers, and back to her, "I had no idea they did that. I swear I had nothing to do with it. I should have known something was up when Randy said he got you a teddy bear before you moved in. He's never nice. I should have known or... I'm sorry." The scent of Royals guilt flooded the small hallway. Alexander noticed how he looked at his brothers with disgust.

"You little pussy, you couldn't do anything on your own." Randy snarled out, his voice garbled from the head lock he was still held in.

"What did you expect? The pussy is gonna side with the pussy" Robert said, venom dripping on his words.

Frank must have also heard some of the commotion and made his way calmly up the stairs. "Officer, I am sure there is some way we can all work this out."His voice calm, slimy as he tried to take control of the situation. "Melody is a troubled girl," Frank continued, "she lies, and is violent. We are all just trying to get her the help she needs. Now let's just settle down, you all can leave my property, she stays, and we keep this as a family affair." The way Frank spoke made it clear he was used to being listened to. That he assumed this time would be no exception.