𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I kissed the top of Rose's head before quietly closing the door to my sleeping daughter's room. I always feel more secure and comfortable when she's home with me. Not that I don't trust Romain, he's a great father but, as a mother, you always worry about your child's safety no matter who they're with and where they are.

Colin was still downstairs in his office, finishing up some bits for the show and I couldn't yet bring myself to go downstairs. I didn't want to have the talk upstairs just in case he starts yelling or something because, well, who wants to hear that their wife had sex with their daughter? We don't need him waking up the kids.

I paced around back and forth in my bedroom trying to think of ways to tell him. How would I even start the conversation? "Oh hey babe, I had sex with your daughter a few years ago, no biggie."

I want to puke, that sounds horrible. I grabbed my phone and decided to scroll through Instagram when I see Y/n posted on her story.

Great, she's kissing Madison, now I really want to puke. I locked my phone, pushing it into my pocket before taking a deep breath. I headed for the stairs, it's now or never.

"Hey." I spoke softly as I walked into Colin's office. I rested my head on his back as my arms wrapped around his frame. "Hey, sorry can you give me like five minutes? I want to finish this and then we can talk." I nodded as he kissed my hand, giving it a firm squeeze as I walked into the den. Great, more time for me to internally have a panic attack.

Not long after, Colin came in the den and sat beside me on the couch pulling me into him. He leaned down connecting our lips and I smiled pulling away, but not too fast to concern him.

"The house finally feels whole again, with Rose being back." Colin smiled to himself as he rubbed his hand up and down my leg. "What'd you want to talk about?" Colin asked as he took a sip of his drink before placing it back down on the table.

Fuck. The good thing about Colin is he isn't really a hot head, he likes to sit and process things but, there's no telling what'll come out when I tell him.

"Um, well- I just, I have to tell you something that I should have told you long ago, but before I say that, just keep in mind the kids are sleeping right upstairs and-"

"Scar, are you dumping me or something?" Colin chuckled nervously. "No, no, not at all, we're in this together forever babe I promise. It's just I-" I took a deep breath before quickly rambling out the words.

"I had sex with Y/n a few years ago, right before you and I met but I had no idea she was your daughter at the time." I let out a shaky breath before slowly raising my eyes to meet his blue ones.

He looked pale, like he'd seen a ghost. Is he breathing? "You did what?" he began to laugh. "I don't know if I had too many beers or something but- come on Scar, what'd you say? It sounded like you said you had sex with my daughter." He continued to laugh off.

I didn't know what to do but stare back at him and when he realized I wasn't laughing with him, his smile faltered rather quickly. "You- you had sex with Y/n?!" Colin quickly jumped out of his seat beside me and looked at me horrified. "Colin I didn't know she was your daughter- it was before-"

He paced around the den, his hands entangled with his hair as he seemed to be trying to map things out. "When?!"

"It was five years ago I just never-"

"Five years- Scarlett! How long after did you and I-"

"I don't know? Maybe a few months or so?"

Colin's hands slapped against his thighs as he let out a groan. "I feel like I'm going to regret asking you this but how, how did it happen?"