27. An Uncanny Princess

It has been fifteen days since the competition and the arrangements for my wedding now held complete enthusiasm. After the spice incident, people seem to whole-heartedly love me and wanted to join in the celebration of my marriage. It was heart-warming to finally manage to earn the title of a princess from them but it soon paled remembering that, I would be gone to Shakya Pradesh and then no one would be there to face plots of Sarthak Dev for them.

Revealing his true identity before everyone before my wedding would almost be impossible especially after Nyrvig has forsaken them to pursue me. After that night, the night of the competition, he tried several times to communicate with me but all in vain as I tried to avoid him. 

He must've had several questions up in his mind, I knew that but I was not in a headspace to answer them. How to do that? Tell him all about my rebirth? It sounded more than just a little rambunctious to me. The secret of my heart needs to forever stay there; locked in some part of my memory. Bhumija sure would be never forgotten but no one would know about her presence.

Lost in the web of thoughts, I didn't know where my feet were taking me and I stumbled onto a person who was arranging flowers in the corridor. Her deep black locks similar to that of the peaceful night curtained most of her face but from the attire, she looked no less than a princess. She had a pale white complexion as if the sun has never kissed her skin., her lush black locks dangling on her visage added a layer of seduction to her body. Getting a balance of herself, she tucked the strands of hair behind her ears and looked directly at me, revealing her eyes, somber watery eyes. 

Her orbs were of a light hazel hue as if the fire of vivacity was dancing in their depths; lurking to enamor people within them. Her bow-shaped lips parted as if two say something but soon recognition flashed in her eyes and she hurriedly stood up. Her face seemed familiar to me but my memory could not exactly remember her identity. 

"Pranipat! May I know your name please?" Confusion and curiosity marred my voice. Her aura was quite different from others as if she did not belong here. She fumbled with her attire a bit, removing the flowers stuck in it, before replying to me.

"Prani- Prani-Praninaam Rajkumari Vijetri! I am Yashodhara, Princess of Sakhya Pradesh." Her voice was similar to the chirpings of a bird on a calm spring morning, sweet and serene; yet I was able to mark discomfort in them. Hearing her name made memories resurface in my mind. Yashodhara- Sakhya Pradesh - that meant she is my to-be sister-in-law and more importantly the to-be wife of Bhrata Aadhirai!

After a year of my marriage with, I received a letter from Pitashree about his marriage to Princess Yashodhara; step-sister of Nyrvig. Not to say further, I wasn't invited to the wedding due to my association with Urjit. They were furious at the union and till his last breath, my father had banned me from entering Medinikhand.

'What a fool I was to trade my family for Urjit!' I chided myself but didn't let my thoughts be portrayed on my visage; I didn't want to make her further uncomfortable due to my useless thoughts.

"Pardon me Rajkumari for not identifying you but why were you decorating the ground with these flowers?" 

Her cheeks accumulated a pinkish hue and she fumbled with her words. "Uh- about that I accidentally stumbled on the flowers and ruined it, so I was just rectifying my mistake."  Her voice was timid and just above hearing level, embarrassment mixed in it.

"You need not take the pain, Rajkumari. You could have asked some servant to do it." A frown appeared on my forehead. She was a princess and our guest yet she chose to redecorate the flowers on the floor.

"It was my mistake Rajkumari, thus I rectified it. Now, I must take your leave. Prani-Pranipat!" Her actions were strange, timid at one time and bold at the next. I glanced at the design she made on the floor and was awestruck. Her hands had talent and her mouth was blessed with politeness. I could not help but compare the two siblings, the first one was like a prowling lion while the other- let's just say that they were unique in their fields.

On pondering further on Rajkumari Yashodhara's action, I couldn't help but chuckle a little at her cute shenanigans. She was different from what I perceived her to be. In my last life, I hardly got much time to contact her but all that I remember her to be was a bold princess who always held her head high and retained regality that could shadow the presence of many. When the coronation of my brother was happening, she was the first one to shield my brother from the dagger coming in his way; thus losing her life.

What other things I know from my last life was, that the marriage was an alliance between Medinikhand and Shakya Pradesh; it was an arranged marriage yet she tried to save my brother in his time of need. Now with me, already forming a union with the prince of Shakya Pradesh, it would be naught whether my brother would marry princess Yashodhara or not. 

Seeing her fumbling with her words, I guess she would need lots of training to deserve the title- 'Queen of Medinikhand'. 

'Perhaps you scared her off.' A voice inside me informed. It would not be entirely impossible for this to happen as my complexion has turned extremely tanned due to the extraneous exercise I have bestowed on my body in the last few months and the sharp shape of my eyes was not exactly welcoming.

'A Queen won't cower forth anything.' The other part of my mind reminded me.

Regardless of whether she deserved the title of queen or not, the current Yashodhara was an uncanny princess. 

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Rajkumari- Princess

Pranipat- A respectful way to acknowledge someone, mostly spoken by juniors to elders

Praninaam- Pranam is also an acknowledgment to a person of higher status, basically, Yashodhara got confused between Pranipat and pranam leading to the creation of the word Praninaam

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Hello peeps!

How was the chapter?

Did you like it?

What do you think of this princess Yashodhara?

If you liked her then there is a plan I have for her... some sort of sequel.

Would you guys support the book?

If yes then the title is already made "Rouge Painted Lips"

Meet you in the next chapter.

Till then bye bye peeps!