29. Departure of Gold

The first rays of the sun caressed the walls of the palace, making them glow red, like a ruby amidst coal. The cool zephyrs and the chirps of birds, leaving their house in search of food and twigs, made the environment serene. I walked beside Nyrvig, towards the gates of the palace for the vidaai ceremony. Gathering all the strength in me, I walked in my heavy bridal lehenga, my eyes heavy and tears ready to cascade down.

My steps were slow and stumbling due to my heavy attire when I felt a hand gripping my hands, providing me with the support to walk. I glanced at Nyrvig to see the concern in his eyes. I smiled at him and felt his hand wipe my tears trying to escape. His eyes held sincerity and a lot of emotions that made my heart flutter. We exchanged a smile and moved towards the gates in comforting silence.

As soon as I arrived at the gates, I was engulfed in a hug by my mother. She was sobbing at the separation. Before I could even understand, tears slithered down my face and I reciprocated the hug. I soaked in all the warmth and comfort I could from her. Though we knew that this was not a permanent separation, our hearts could not help but cry.

After a few minutes, I felt her hands leaving me and I too backed away to glance at her. Her eyes were red and tear marks stained her face that indicated she had been crying for a long time. Though in her dishevelled state, she still managed to smile at me, a smile that gave me intense peace.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Pitashree talking to Nyrvig, a pleasant smile on his face that was good enough to hide his pain and tears. I looked back at Maa and rubbed her back providing her comfort.

"Stay blessed Vija! You are embarking on a new journey in your life. Stay confident and never let your emotions harm your mind."

Her voice dripped love and concern and I immediately hugged her again. I then moved toward my father. The forever strong man I had witnessed since my birth had his stance loosen today. I could see moisture in his eyes which he was suppressing from flowing out. He opened his hands wide, indicating I to hug him. I, without any hesitation, rushed into his arms, breaking into a crying mess again. I felt his strong arms enveloping me and a sense of safety washed over me.

"Go, my dear." His voice was gruff, and he was suppressing his own emotions. "Spread your wings and fly to your new destination. Always stay happy my child. Always stay blessed."

I broke the hug and looked into his eyes. The forever strong eyes now appeared old, as if he has performed his one important responsibility. I touched his feet and then moved towards my brothers. All had phlegmatic faces but their sagged soldiers indicated their emotions.

I bent down to take Bhrata Aadhirai's blessing but I was engulfed in a hug before I could do so. "You are always our sister, remember that. If you have any discomfort there, just remember us." His voice was gruff and a few warm droplets fell on my head. I looked up to see his eyes glassy and wet. He quickly looked towards Nyrvig, perhaps to hide his tears from me. "As for you Nyrvig, dare not make our sister angry. She has three brothers by her side." His voice sounded childish and I could not help but chuckle at that.

"I would not dare Rajkumar. Even before you three, I would have to face her wrath first." Amusement was clear in his voice and I turned to glare at him though I heard snickers from my brothers.

I then moved towards Bhrata Aaditya. His eyes were glassy and he took me in his embrace as soon as I stepped in front of him. "You are similar to pure gold Vija. Any metal has to pass through the fire to get strong and pure. You, my dear, have already gone through your fire and have emerged stronger than usual. Always stay blessed." His wise words as usual provided solace to my heart and I just merely nodded at him before moving forward.

Ashok had tears stains on his face very well indicating his condition. I hugged him, controlling my tears, to give him the warmth he had been searching for.
"You are leaving us." His voice was hoarse and gruff, tears ready to fall at any moment. Wiping his eyes, I just shook my head and smiled at him.

"I can never leave you all. And if I remember correctly someone wished me gone so that he gets freedom from at least one pair of hands." My voice was soft and laden with mischief. He just smiled at me and hugged me tightly.

After bidding byes to everyone, I turned around to look at the palace once more. Though decorated grandly, it appeared to have lost its charm or perhaps it was my eyes that imagined so.

I then glanced towards my family, all having satisfied expressions on their faces, unlike the previous time. My heart was at peace this time seeing their smiling faces though tears shimmered in their eyes. With a smile and nod towards them, I got up in my palanquin ready to embrace e my new life.

While leaving the palace, I heard several chants and I peeked outside to glance at the commotion. All the commoners stood at each side of the roads, sprinkling flowers at our troop, smiling through their teary eyes. My heart bloomed by seeing their love for me. Praises, blessings and conches filled the area making it difficult for me to understand their words but I nevertheless smiled at each.

With the blessings of my family and the love of my people, our troop left the city of Madhavpuri and eventually my country Medinikhand.

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Bhrata- brother

Rajkumar- prince

Maa- mother

Pitashree- father

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Hello peeps

How was the chapter?

Did you like it?

Make sure to vote and comment!

Till then, meet you in the next chapter.