Chapter 21 ~ I Lost Her

I started squirming

I started squirming. I want the watch. I can't stay in here forever and I have no idea of that.

"Leave me or I'm going to jump from the horse.", I said as I squirmed making him groan.

"Don't make me mad. It's really your good time that I'm dropping you till your palace. I can leave you right here and you'll have to walk till tomorrow to reach your palace. It's a lot miles away. Think!", He yelled.

"I said I left something in your palace which is more important to me. I want that.", I yelled.

"Don't test my patience.", He yelled at the top of his lungs. I didn't listen to him and continued to squirm. I don't have any idea of leaving that watch in his house.

"It's the last time I'm saying. Don't!", He whispered dangerously in my ear.

But, I didn't care and attempted to jump from the horse. Arjun stopped the horse and we got down. It was the same place where I was sleeping in his arms yesterday. I knew it's really very far from my kingdom.

Arjun was right. I can't reach my palace even if I walk till tomorrow. I gulped in fear. He's the person who does what he tells.

I looked at his angry face. There was a little blood in his palm. The rope cut his finger when I tried to jump from the horse. I'm sorry. I can't say anything. I feel a little guilty about it now.

"What is wrong with you!?", He shouted. With this I felt a sharp sting on my cheek. Did he just slap me!?

"Why I have to help you after what you've done? Walk till tomorrow to reach your palace.", He said climbing over the horse.

Don't leave me alone!

Before I could say anything, he turned the horse and left. Left me alone. I looked around and I couldn't see anything else other than trees.

It's a small path surrounded by forests.

I was scared. I don't know the way home. I waited in the same place hoping Arjun would come back. I stood, stood and stood. There was no sign of Arjun coming back.

It's been more than an hour and the sun was setting. I could see the beautiful view of sun setting. But, fear was only think left inside me seeing that. It will be dark soon!

He won't come back again. He left me permanently. No one's there to rescue me from this unknown place. I regret behaving to him like that.

I settled down on a rock with my knees hugging my chest.