Chapter 34 ~ Divorced Her?

Days passed by and everything was still the same except some things

Days passed by and everything was still the same except some things. Aarthi is still not in the palace and I don't know why. I didn't bother to ask anyone because I hate her and it doesn't change.

"Where is my kada?", He asked me and I turned back to him.

"How would I know? You were the one who placed it somewhere yesterday night. The crown prince was so drunk to even remember where he placed the kada!", I yelled.

Yes, I'm angry at him because he was drunk yesterday. I didn't like it because it gives me the memory of my father drinking and beating my mother.

I was afraid he would do the same when he was drunk. I couldn't imagine Arjun being a drunk man who abuses me. I get chills when I even think about it.

I'm definitely overthinking but I can't help it because of the memories of my father which was haunting me.

"What's the point of being angry there? I just got drunk.. can't I be happy for one single day?", He asked irritated.

"How you can justify your actions? Shall I go and drink for happiness too? Will you allow me to?", I asked.

"How can you think I'd let you to. Maybe, you can do anything except this. Remember when you bought three of your new friends to the palace day before yesterday? It was your happiness and I let it to be. But, in my point of view, I would've chased them out of my house if it wasn't for you because they can be goons who was sent by our rivals or spies or anything worse..", he said.

"You mean, there will be goons and spies to kill me too?"

"Yeah, there will be. Always there will be someone who wanted us to be dead.", He scared me.

"You mean I can get killed anytime?"

"Yeah.. anytime and anywhere. Even you can get killed in this room by one of our soldiers.. that's why I'm telling you, just love your husband more and you're more than safe with me.", He said scaring me.

"Don't lie.."

"Come on, how can I let you die? I wouldn't even trust my trusted soldiers when it comes to you..", he said and I sighed in relied.

"You sure you won't let me die?", I asked to clarify.

"Yeah, I won't.. I never thought you'd be scared this easy.", He said.

"Fine, leave it.."

"I thought of asking you about this question but forgot every time. Where's Aarthi?", I asked and he frowned.

"Don't you know that I dismissed her from being my side consort?"

"You mean, you divorced her?"

"What's a divorce?", He asked with a frown and I shook my head.

"I mean, she's no longer your wife?", I asked and he nodded.

"Don't you remember when I said I'll dismiss her when you were arguing with me?"