Chapter Sixteen

I woke up in the back of a strange car. My eyes were a little blurry, but once they cleared, I saw a gun pointed at my face. The guy who aim it was the one I'd seen walk into the girls' bathroom behind me at the bar, and he was also the one who had tasered me in the back after saying his boss wanted a word with me. It was just before I had the chance to scream.

"I don't know your boss," I croaked and sat up slowly.

My mouth was dry, and the great buzz I'd had going on at the club had disappeared, leaving me with a very nastyheadache.

Though, that could also be from being freaking tasered.

"Yeah, well, he knows you, and when he wants something, he gets it." The guy smiled, showing crooked teeth. If it weren't for those, he would have been an okay-looking man. He had a buzz cut, leaving dark-coloured fluff, and his eyes were brown. He had piercings in his lip, nose, and eyebrow, and seemed tall, slim and young. It was dark in and out of the car.

His companion who was driving was completely different. He had long dirty-blond hair; his build was larger, and he seemed shorter than Mr Talker.

I wondered if by now my friends knew I'd been kidnapped. I hoped they weren't panicking too much. My next thought was why wasn't I panicking? I felt a bit stressed, only relieved at the same time, because at least no one would get hurt when I was delivered to David. He'd already done many bad things to me; it couldn't get worse. Right?

I gulped.

At least Maya was safe.

The car suddenly stopped. It was then I realised I should have been taking in my surroundings to know where they were taking me in case of an escape. We'd pulled up outside of a huge house, one I didn't think was anything David would buy. It was old, yet beautiful. David loved new and exquisite things. My door opened. Mr Silent was there smirking in at me; he then jutted his chin out and up.

I stumbled out, and Mr Silent grabbed my arm, dragging me roughly forward and through the front door, down a hallway that took my breath away, and into a room that was a library. Books lined two walls from top to bottom. A large desk was in front of a huge bay window, where a man stood looking out. He turned with an intense gaze.

Oh. My. God. Where do they make these people? He was yet another good-looking older man, probably in his early forties, with dark hair and a few greys splattered at the sides. He had grey eyes and an athlete's form hidden behind a designer suit.

"Um, you're not David," I said, puzzled. What was I doing here and who was this guy?

"I hope my men weren't too forceful in getting you here."

"Do you call being tasered too forceful?" I asked with fake bravado, hands on my hips, glaring at him. On the inside I was chanting I'm gonna die; I'm gonna die, and I never got to have sex with Talon.

His fierce gaze turned to Mr Silent and Talker. "I told you to ask her politely. Did you even do that? Doesn't matter, get out of my sight," he snapped. "Please, Zara, have a seat, and I'm sorry for the way they treated you. It was not something I wanted."

Scepticism ran through my mind; still, I took a seat opposite him as he sat behind a large wooden mahogany desk that held papers scattered everywhere. "You have a nice home," I said. Why am I being polite to the guy? I cleared my throat. "Um, I mean, what am I doing here?"

"Thank you to the first." He smiled. "And to the second, I have some questions, to which I am sure you will have the answers."

"Sorry, but I doubt it. I don't know you." I looked down at my lap and adjusted my skirt.