Chapter Eleven

(Author's note: I'm giving Wattpad another try and trusting others won't copy my work)

So here is more of Zara and Talon. Which you can also find for free on Amazon, iBooks, Nook, Kobo, and Google Play!

Blue left just as Mattie and Julian arrived home with their arms filled with groceries. It was lucky they had the help of Vic, another of Talon's guys, to carry it all in. Vic had short blond hair, blue eyes, and was tall and slim, though you could tell he'd still hold his own in a fight. Or if he couldn't, he'd probably scare a bloke with the permanent scowl he had going on. Though, I wasn't entirely sure that scowl was permanent; it could have been there because Mattie and Julian had tortured him all day, dragging him here and there.

"The sex shop was the funniest." Julian cackled, just before Talon and I walked out the front door to collect Maya from school. Talon found that hilarious, whereas I found it worrisome. Because if it weren't for me and my...situation, Vic wouldn't have been put in that spot in the first place.

Poor Vic, he'll end up hating me.

"Kitten," Talon said as I walked quietly beside him.

"Yeah?" I looked over at him.

"Wanna talk 'bout your loins and how they race for me?"

I blushed, pulled my hand free of his, and shoved him. "No, jerk. Want to talk about the fact that you didn't mention doing anything to my phone in the first place?"

"No. I'm glad I didn't. Or I wouldn't have found out what your heart already wanted...me."

"Yeah, right. I was actually talking about the postman. Hoo-wee, he gets me going."

Talon stopped and whipped me into his arms. "Don't. Don't joke about this, kitten. I may be teasin', but I'm so fuckin' full to the brim with...gratefulness to hear that come outta your mouth. You had me worried that I was the only one feeling this, but now I know I'm not, and it makes me happy for the first time in a hell of a long time."

"Talon—"

It was then, in the middle of the street, not far from Maya's school, that he kissed me. And it wasn't only lust riding the kissable train that time, but some feelings had jumped aboard as well.

It was magical.

* * * *

We stood out the front of Maya's class, receiving a lot of stares. Mainly because I had never shown up to collect Maya with a male before, and the way Talon hugged me to his front, it was undeniable that we weren't just friends. That was when I saw Maya—who was usually the first one out— come out last with the teacher following her.

"Uh-oh," I said.

"Relax, babe. Can't be that bad. Maya's a good kid."

"Hmm." We'll see about that. He had never been with her down the street when she wasn't getting what she wanted. I swear she'd become possessed by the devil.

"Hi, Miss Edgingway," Mrs Faith said with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked though she wasn't looking at me. Even when she greeted me, her eyes were on Talon. Did he have that effect on all ages? Because I was sure Mrs Faith was at least sixty.

"Um—"

And she'd never done that before; I didn't think 'um' was in her vocabulary.

She shook her head and focused back on me. "Do you mind if we have a word alone for a minute?"