Hearing the News

It was chilly on the morning of October 30th, 1978. Y/N started getting ready for his job down at the local bakery. He has always had a passion for baking, especially for other people. There was something just so delightful about making others happy. He slowly crawled out of his bed, wincing as the cold air attacked his skin. Once getting out of bed, he hurriedly walked to the dresser, quickly finding an outfit. He chose an Orangie-brown color turtleneck with a pair of blue jeans. He then paired it with a cute black belt. 

       He then ran downstairs to eat some breakfast before his shift started. Y/N entered the kitchen, thinking about what he wanted for breakfast. He had decided on a simple breakfast, a bowl of cereal. But first, he needed to feed his cat, Fluffball, or Fluff for short. He made his way over to the pantry and got out the cat food along with the cereal box. Then set them down on the counter and grabbed Fluff's water dish, filling it up with new water. He set it back down and poured the food into the other bowl that was sitting on the floor. 

       Fluffball ran into the kitchen, triggered by the sound of the food pebbles clinking in her bowl. Immediately, she ate up her food, finishing it off with a drink of water. Y/N changed his attention to creating his food. He ran over to the fridge to grab the milk and then ran back over to the counter. Grabbing a bowl and spoon, he started filling the bowl with cereal and milk. After putting everything away, he and Fluffball walked to the living room to watch some TV. 

       Turning on the news, he was shocked by what he heard. The caption stated, 'New Murders in Haddonfield'. He listened intently to what the reporter had to say about his small town. The news lady, Sandra, listed off the different victims of the serial killer. After a few minutes of watching, she reported that the serial killer was Michael Myers, who had first murdered his older sister on Halloween, 1963. His childhood home wasn't too far away from Y/N's work. This gave Y/N an idea. 

       It was finally time for him to go to work, so he headed to the kitchen to put his dishes away. It was around 6:40 am and he had to get the shop ready for opening by 7:30 am. Y/N grabbed his car keys and bag, then headed out the door to his car. He drove to work, knowing he was going to risk his life when the workday was done.