10.

▶ Safe and Sound ~ Taylor Swift

Jungkook woke up alone on the couch the next day. The gloomy skies reflected his mood.

Last night's events rushed to him and it made his chest hurt. He didn't want to leave Taehyung alone today, not after his state last night. Stranger or not, no one deserved to deal with something like that alone.

He decided he would drop by the penthouse later in the day, just so he knew Tae was alright.

Then he remembered his Hyungs were coming over. He wondered if he should invite Taehyung tonight too. It would get his mind off of things.

Sighing, he locked his apartment and went to work.

*****

Jungkook looked around at his favourite people, a warmth filling in his chest. They were relaxed, touching their significant others in some way or other.

Suddenly, he couldn't help but wish that for himself too, especially when he saw Namjoon plant a quick kiss on Jin's forehead.

Maybe he wasn't as against having a relationship as he first thought. It would be nice to come home to someone, or have somebody to tell all his random thoughts to. He believed in love, he just didn't want to commit and end up neglecting the person in any way.

"Jisoo, how's your work going? I heard you got promoted, congratulations!" Jin smiled.

Jungkook and Namjoon were serving everyone. As there was no dining table, they were sitting on the floor with soft mats spread out, the food in between them.

"Yeah, I'm managing the company's foreign relations, hence why we went to the States. I'll probably be visiting someplace in Europe next, I think," Jisoo announced proudly.

Everyone oohed at the information.

"Hobi you really know how to pick 'em!" Namjoon teased. "Getting free travels around the world huh?"

"What can I say, my darling is a go-getter," Hoseok smiled, pecking his fiancee's lips.
"She makes me proud to be engaged to her everyday!"

"Jagiya, you are too much!" Jisoo blushed, hiding her face in his neck at his praise.

Namjoon smiled fondly.

Jungkook felt his heart warm. They complimented each other a lot. Hoseok was a very supportive person and was Jisoo's biggest cheerleader.

The bell rang and Jungkook opened the door to reveal Jimin and Yoongi.

"Sorry we're late, this boy here had work with his family!" Jimin announced, smiling wide. He waved at everyone.

"We brought dessert - it's ice cream, I hope you all like strawberry flavour?" He asked, putting it in Jungkook's freezer.

"Min Yoongi? Is that you?!" Namjoon smiled, surprised.

Jimin and Jungkook halted in their tracks back from the kitchen.

"How the fuck -?" Jimin whispered. Jungkook looked equally confused.

"Namjoon-ssi! Long time no see!" Yoongi bowed respectfully.

"Aw come on, don't do that, Yoongi. Sit down, how have you been?" Namjoon asked.

"Namjoon is my dad's lawyer. We've had the occasion of meeting a few times. He's always saved my dad's ass from sticky situations!" Yoongi told a very curious Jimin.

"Oh wow, small world!" Jimin said.

"I'm Jungkook's cousin, by the way. I didn't know you two knew each other too! He never mentioned you."