Chapter 34 - Nova, The Golden

The soft wind blew through the half opened window, causing the blind to move with soft creaks into the silent night. The room was completely covered in darkness safe for the single lacrima lamp that was casting as soft glow upon the room.

I was half asleep, lying upon the bed, staring at the ceiling above me. I was dressed with only a simple shirt and short a complete contrast of how I was dressed when I came in. I turned my attention toward the sleeping form beside me, the scarlet hair spread all over the place behind her.

Erza had fallen asleep a while ago, after convincing me to stay the night. She looked so peaceful beside me, her chest softly falling and rising at each breath she takes. Even though we didn't say much after she had cried, I guess she wanted to have me close to her…so that when she wake up tomorrow, my presence didn't turn out to be a cruel dream…

It made me wonder about how Erza truly felt during those times when she wasn't with the other members of Fairy Tail. When she is alone this room at night, silently waiting for sleep to come in the darkness, when there is no more mask to wear?

Did she think of the past?

Did she cry when there was no one with her?

Did she felt…

My train of thought was broken when Erza let out a soft sigh and scrunched her eyebrows together if displeased by something, and I feel a smile growing upon my lips as I observed her. She looked so cute…really similar to that little girl I first met back at the R-System.

"Jel…lal…,"

My mood darkened hearing the name escape from Erza's lips. I sighed to myself turning my attention toward the ceiling again.

You really loves that guy don't you Erza? I thought.

Well it was no surprise after all, even back then, when I watched the Fairy Tail anime, there was no doubt that Erza had feelings for him and it seems nothing is going to change despite me being here. Feeling like sleep wasn't here anymore, I slowly got out of the bed beside her and making sure that she wasn't awake, I made my way toward the adjacent bathroom.

I stepped inside and lighten up the room with the light lacrima inside and chanced a glance toward my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were lightly red from sleep and my hair was falling all around my form in a mess, causing me to run my hand through it.

As I did so, it revealed the black stigma that was permanently there upon my features. Erza once lost one of her eye back then because she was tortured…I wonder…

"Eve?"

I looked toward the half closed door of the bathroom.

"I'm in here," I answered.

The door opened lightly and Erza was there, dressed in her sleep clothes rubbing her eyes a bit.

"What are you doing up?" I asked her, "You were sound asleep?"

"I felt you move…," she said.

That doesn't answer my question, I thought feeling lightly amused.

"Okay, I'll be right here," I told her turning off the light.

We were then back in the room and Erza sat down upon her bed pulling her pillow into her chest. She looked so much like a kid that I couldn't help the small chuckle that sprung from my lips.

"What?" she asked, unable to keep curiosity out of her voice.

"You look like a little kid," I told her.

She looked away, and I can see a light red hue upon her cheeks.

"Don't be ridiculous," she mumbled.

"Okay, are you going to tell me why you woke up?"