Chapter 108 - Preying Shadows

The makeshift camp of Fairy Tail on Tenrou Island

"Wait…Evergreen and Elfman said that they were getting married?"

Erza was staring at the white haired girl seating on the table in front of her. The two had managed to pull up a camp for the rest of the team when they test is over so that they could eat. Mira was seating by a table sporting a bruise on the side of her cheek with a small embarrassed smile upon her face.

"Yep," Mira said, "It totally caught me off guard, and gave them an opportunity to attack."

Erza aimed the spoon at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked, "They've obviously been dating for a long time now for them to be getting married but you've never even told me about it."

Mira stayed silent for a few seconds.

"I think they just wanted to say something shocking to throw me off," she said, "I guess I still have a lot to learn."

"But what if it wasn't a strategy?" Erza asked her.

Mira actually laughed.

"Remember about who you're talking about," she said, "Knowing Elfman, I doubt that it's true. I never imagined them getting married or having babies or anything like that..."

She seems to try to imagine something but whatever she was trying to image seems to be not what she was expected for she made a face causing Erza to sweat drop before she returned toward the boiling pot in front of her.

"But I am more surprised that Eve and Gajeel managed to pass against you," Mira said after a few seconds, "Out of me, and Gildarts, you don't exactly know when to hold yourself back during the Trials, I know of what you've done last year."

Erza chuckled.

"Eve is stronger than you might expect," she said as she steered the food in front of her.

"Is that so…?" Mira said with a light smile, "That reminds me…a package arrived for Eve the other day. I was suppose to give it to her during the past week but she never even showed up once at the guild...a shame."

Erza glanced at the young woman, surprised.

"She didn't show up at the guild?" she said, "She must have been training for the Trials."

She was a little surprised to hear about it. She hadn't seen Eve at the apartment when she had returned home last night so Erza hadn't nothing to do but sleep alone. It was quite strange thought, she had been so used to having Eve presence beside her that it took her a while to actually fall asleep…

I guess the two of us are really going to have a talk once the Trials are over, she thought.

The memory of what happened that night a week ago in her room caused the girl's cheeks to become instantly red as she thought about it. She still feel guilty about kissing her like that…something that she had probably going to have to come clean with.

But how do I even bring this up? She thought, it's not as easy as talking about the weather or something of the sort…and even if I had promised her we will talk…it's going to be as uncomfortable to talk about…

"…Erza, are you even listening?"

The redhead blinked finding Mira's face inches away from her.

The girl instantly jumped away from her.

"What the hell Mira," she yelled, "Don't get in so close."

"Well I was calling your name for a while now and you didn't even answer me," she said, "Where your mind was at?"