Chapter 123 - Mysterious girl

It had taken us a few hours to get to the sea side town where the Job was supposed to be taking place at. I glanced around myself for a few moments at the town in front of us with a light frown upon my features. The place where this job was supposed to take place should be around here somewhere.

"Where exactly are we supposed to get to that Geese guy?" I asked Lucy considering she was the one who had the Job Request in her hand.

The blonde gave a sunny smile before pointing toward the hill at the end of the town. It was shaped like a mountain with all of the houses joined together like matchboxes as the bright sun reflected upon their form causing it to seem whiter than normal. I frowned lightly at the design of the place but Lucy's voice drew my attention again.

"According to the Job request," she said, "that ruined fort on top of the peak is Negura. If we go straight up toward the top, that's where we will find these creeps."

"Then along with that Geese guy," I added to her now that we have an objective in front of us.

Gray who was dressed in a long white coat looked at the girl, a small smirk crossing his features as he observed her.

"You seem strangely excited about this Job," he told her.

"Of course I am," Lucy said with a confident grin upon her lips, "We've been on a major heat streak lately, you can bet I am excited about this one too."

"Alright," Natsu said, slamming his fist into his hand, "Are you ready to take out on some bad guys Happy?"

"Aye sir," the small Exceed joined in, excited.

We all ran forward heading into the town so that we could fulfill the Job request. As we ran past the numerous buildings around us, I kept glancing around expecting to see someone that actually lived there but, strangely, they have been nothing so far which was making me feel strangely suspicious. I mean, from the sight we have from the port, this town was probably the size of Hargeon…so where was everybody.

"So these guys called themselves what again?" Gray asked.

"They are called the Baccus bandits," Lucy answered him, "But the real target is their leader Geese, the job was posted by the Mayor himself so the reward is going to be huge."

I never remembered Lucy to be this…excited about money, I thought looking at the young woman whose face was sparkling at the thought of gaining a large amount of jewels.

"Lucy, you get the craziest look on your face when you start talking about money," Happy told her.

"Shut it fleabag," Lucy warned him.

"Let's keep our focus on the task at hand," Carla told us.

"C'mon Carla," I said giving the white Exceed a small backward glance, "I was starting to enjoy the small banter."

"I'm surprised," Carla answered with a raised eyebrow, "You were the last person I expected to continue this Eve."

"What can I say…I like surprising people," I smirked back at her.

"So you says."

"Hey Erza," Wendy said addressing the redhead that was behind me.

"Yes what is it?"

"I don't know," Wendy said glancing around us at the empty houses we've been passing, "Doesn't seem kind of strange at how quiet everything is?"

As soon as Wendy said voiced her concern about the desolated emptiness around us, a large amount of people busted from all around us, all of them coming from the number of houses. They were in front of us, completely barring our way from going further. They were all harmed with weapons and swords and some of them were even smoking as they stared at our group, dark grin upon their lips.