Gratitude to my Readers

From: Josh E. Eds

To: All my readers

The story of Beating has been one of my longest running stories that’s sat in the library of fantasy known as “my brain” I’ve always been so lazy or lacked the motivation to write out the story for anyone to witness. At times of great depression I have always been able to escape it all with the worlds I created in my head.

Even now as I struggle with daily depression I sometimes think up new ideas to make in one story or another. This time the waves of depression is what made it possible to make this old story of mines into one about a character who is literally burned by his fears and doubts.

Depression can sap the very will from truly great people and I always hope that my stories can stall or stop the clock on those feelings, even if just for a few minutes.

The journey of the first book was thanks to the help of a friend who I can always thank for being so willing to read the chapters and critique them (despite my whining to want to keep certain things the same) with insight on what readers may think.

Truly and honestly, thank you Kimberly for putting up with my quirks to story-telling. Mostly, thank you for being a constant fan of all of my stories over the years. She is the true MVP.

To all my readers on the Wattpad App, thank you for reading the chapter of Beating (Book 1: Acts of the Hearth) This entire story would not even have seen the light of day if not for the views and comments that you all leave. Please take care of yourselves and live your best lives, because you all are the best!

See you all again in the second book of the Beating series!