11.

It was next day and Aarohi was upset about everything that happened the previous day. She was up on time and the breakfast was ready. She was adjusting the table and one by one everyone started coming in. She did not look at anyone bcs she knew if she will, tears wouldn't stop. Dadisa came in and so masa and everyone sat and started eating

" Why is everyone so quite in this house? " She said and eyed towards everyone

Nobody answered and continued with the food. Slowly Tara started the conversation

"Dadisa its been a month since the marriage and i wondering if i can join office again?"

"Yes dadisa her position is vacant in the office and we need her" said Nakul.

She thought for a moment and said " Afcourse you can join again, the company needs such talented people. Don't worry about anything and just focus on your work".

"Thankyou so much dadisa, I'll try and take care of the house as well"said Tara

"Oh dear you don't have to worry about that, we have Aarohi to do it, she is at home all day you shouldn't worry about home" and there is the insult right on aarohi's face. Listening to this Aarohi looked up for a brief second and looked down again humiliated.

"We're leaving" Nitya and Rahul were angry the way dadisa insulted Aarohi again

"Wait, I'll get you both tiffins" Aarohi ran inside and got tiffins for the both of them

"Please have food bhabhs" " i will"

" I am also done, rehaan please meet me in my room, i have something to talk" said masa and left. One by one everyone left and Aarohi did to

In masa rooms

"Yes masa , you called"
"Please come, i need you to attend an NGO program in place of me for an hour or so, I'll be a little late, with Aarohi tomorrow afternoon.can you manage that?"

"Okay mom sure" " thanks" . Rehaan kept standing as if wanting to talk about something.

"U want to talk?" Said masa and continued adjusting her books meanwhile.

"No- um yes masa" "come sit" and they both sat.

"Masa why does dadisa dislike Aarohi so much?"

Radhika was taken aback by the question " that is a question you need to ask her only"

Rehaan was confused and did not ask further. " You don't like her" " i don't dislike her is what I would say, your dadisa is harsh on her, but she is not a bad soul.

"Do you like her?"
Rehaan was stumped by the question
"Me ? Uhm mom it's an arranged setup so it will take time"
" Afc it will but u will have to give time to make it work, it won't happen with you doing nothing"

"Mom I- " " Rehaan i know you, you're my child i know what you're doing, you leaving a week after getting married , i can see through"

"Mom she is not my type, modern independent - she does not even shop, remember they had gone out and she bought nothing" radhika laughed a little

"Rehaan tell me one thing, did you think about the many, or if not any responsibility you have towards her"

Rehaan looked at her guessing if he did

" No you did not bcs if you had u would know why she did not shop, or if it sounds better why she couldn't shop"
And with that she left the room

Rehaan

Why she couldn't shop? Huh? Responsibility? And suddenly he could join the dots. Money , i haven't given her my cards, how will she shop. How can I be so stupid it's been around 5 months and she is surviving without money. She could've asked to . I decided to give her my card today.