To Connect North And South

[Rewritten North and South]

Somewhere off the coast of ???, ??/??/????
The normally relatively peaceful coastal area has become filled with warship, as the unidentified object from the previous day created a spook across this country. Often seen as a sign of impending doom, of an imminent invasion from something, the military braced for the worst.

The same captain from before would again take to the sea in a different state of mind, an aftermath of what unfolded yesterday.

"Is there a country to our North?" he mumbled to himself "No it could not be right? But then again, North is Uncivilized, there could be something that no one knows..."

Then his thought was interrupted by a sailor who walked up to him.

"Sir, unknown naval object to our North"

North, that's the direction where that something is probably there. And so, the captain checked his compass to verify the direction then looked North, only to see something grey in the distance.

"...Are you sure it is not a rock?" he said to the sailor.

"Well it's not anywhere in our map so I think so"

The sailor in question had a point, rocks like that should be on the map so it can be avoided by any ships going past. Another thing is that since when does rock get closer and closer even though it should not be possible by the direction they're heading?

He took out his spyglass to take a closer look. Upon doing so, he realized that it's not a mere rock, it was a massive grey ship, with the size so massive that it puts even the biggest in the continent to shame while still being relatively fast even without sails.

"Put the entire crew on high alert!" the captain shouted "Get all the weapons ready!"

The entire ship followed through with the order. Tens of cannons are now manned on one side, that being starboard in this case. Muskets were being brought out of the armory to the sailors on the deck who are now taking cover at the railings. And for the rest, they could only wait for what's going to happen next.

The captain looked through his spyglass again... only to be met wit a sight of extreme peculiarities. The captain saw 3 sailors were standing on the other ship, one is holding a device with 2 lens, presumably their equivalent of the spyglass he's holding. Said sailor with the double len would spot him, put it down then proceeded to wave at him for in an obviously friendly way.

The captain puts down his spyglass with a baffled expression in his face. He then promptly puts the glass back on, inadvertently confirming the fact that it wasn't an illusion of any kind as the opposing sailors kept throwing up friendly gestures with no intent of hostility on their side.

The captain puts down his spyglass again, before turning to a sailor nearby with his musket at the ready.

"Let me ask you a question..." he said to the sailor "...If those sailors on that monstrous ship there are very friendly towards us, then what shall we do?"

The captain asking this to his subordinates is because he did not know what to do. He knew how to command this warship, knew how to fight with his crews, but dealing with a possible giant warship that gives off absolutely no intent of an hostile engagement isn't one of the skills he possess.

"...If they allow us, then we can just board them for some questioning" said the sailor "We can figure out who they are and where they are from without any shot taken"

A worry went through the captain, at the same time though, delight also came as he looked back at the approaching grey ship. Perhaps they could establish a friendly relation on a get go, and perhaps they could help with the current situation his homeland is facing.