The Justified Cause

(Sometimes I feel like my writing has been of piss recently)

The war in Reslania/Yelovsk rages on in South-West of the Varikan Empire. Caught in a crossfire of La Ferdina, Varika and in some cases Esterria, it proved destructive and costly in terms of manpower and materiel such as self-propelled carriages... at least to them.

The Free State of Reslania and its 'army', the Reslanian People's Front against all odd, achieved staggering victories against the supposed Gestraen superpower and and one of the great powers. Because of this, Reslanis started to revolt seemingly everywhere, further adding to the bottleneck of La Ferdina and Varika.

Reslania could only thank the Commonwealth of Esterria and the Federal Republic of Flashia for making this possible, but the revolution has only started, and their goal is yet to be achieved.

...

FIIA Headquarters, Fresserik, Tilenogtyve, Flashia, 30/08/2017
The Federal Investigative & Intelligence Agency is the one that Flashia turns to when it comes to federal-level cases within the country and collecting intelligence from abroad. Headquartered in the city of Fresserik, their offices are extremely busy ever since the transfer happened.

Every 7 days each week, FIIA agents come by and work with a lot of things, such as intelligence regarding potentially and outright hostile nations, in this case it's anyone except for Esterria, Naeslagtland and the Free State of Reslania and domestic investigations.

In recent times however, the offices are being loaded with Reslania-related things, as Flashia had moved in to support the RPF with all the information it could gather. There's also cases of mysterious disappearance of citizens in Flashia, none of which left much of a trace.

"Fucking hell man why is there so much?"

"You've been having that same old complaint ever since we ended up in god knows where now, it won't get you anywhere with the work"

"Oh and Zoran, mind doing this for me?"

While most indulges themselves to providing intel to the Reslanians, some focused more to the disappearances with the only common link being that they all happened near the coastal area.

"I don't like the sound of this..."

"What do you mean?"

"Too many people disappeared on too short of a timeline spaced out too far for a single person to do this"

Indeed, 30 people had disappeared in a wide variety of areas in a span of 3 hours, it had to be a group behind this.

"So you think they were kidnapped?"

"Yep, can't find any other explanation for those"

"Who do you think did this?"

"I don't know, some gangs or any organized criminals maybe?"

"But there's nothing that leads to any of that"

"Then we're fucked then"

The agent groaned as he seemed hopeless in cracking the case, with his head descending down to his table. The other just stood there seemingly trying to think this through. And then... there was something in his minds.

"All these are happening in coastal area yes?"

The FIIA agent turns his face to his colleague, head still down.

"Yeah? What about it?"

The guy said nothing, just standing still looking at him as if he's trying to imply something.