Frozen Frontline

In the night of the North-Western town held by the Northern Pact forces, the night had gone silent, eerily silent.

Pænkária, Svarher, Flashia, Northern Pact, 12/10/2017
Amidst the sound of the wind and little to no gunshots, soldiers of the Flash Land Army, Home Guard and the Esterrian Royal Army stood by at their position, keeping their eyes peeled at every direction where the enemy could come from.

"It's a little creepy isn't it?" said a Flash soldier.

"Quiet..." said another with a phosphorus white dual-tube night vision goggles "Won't hear a thing if you talk"

"...Alright then..."

This element of the Motoriseretjæger would act as a sentry for their comrades to get their good rest, holding on the line against their demonic enemies. Time felt slow for many soldiers here, anxiety getting to a certain point for some.

"...You know, you heard of that armored vehicle loss right?" said the soldier in a whispering voice.

"Yeah... poor lad lost his life..."

Looking through the 2 analog NV tubes, the soldier would notice a few outlines of a few people. The outlines does not seem to be human judging by the horns on the head, nor does he remembers that their bodies would be transparent.

The soldier quickly brought up his rifle with a red dot sight, C-Clamping the end of the handguard with the thumb pressing on the button of the PEQ-15 on top. He shoulders his stock, holding the gun at an angle with the laser beam directly pointed at the outlines, fire selector flicked from safe to semi.

BANG BANG BANG

And after those three shots, the hit outline screamed in pain while they immediately revealed themselves, as in the invisibility was fading.

"Fuckin' cloaked guys right there!"

"Where?!"

"Get your goggles on!"

The 2 other outlines immediately took notice, seemingly now panicking as even their cloak could not save them from being seen and subsequently being shot at.

"I see them now!"

While the other soldier would get his rifle up, he would flick it into full send at the other, the pointing his gun at such a way the beams would be on them too and take one out of the picture. Again the invisibility faded.

The second then finally put some lead into the last one right at the back who then fell forward.

"Motherfucker, I was not expecting that to walk up on us like that!"

"Guess we still have something to learn..."

...

"Twelfth of October, 2017

For the first time since the Havenklein War, an armored vehicle in the hands of the Naeslagt Royal Army was lost due to enemy fire... actually, we don't even know what exactly it is, but let's just say fire for simplicity sakes.

According to the troops involved, the BMP-2MD had been taken out by a kind of 'light magic', think lasers that you'd find in a science fiction work. Whatever it is, it's definitely a threat to our armor. On the other hand, it seems that this 'magic' has a flaw...

The attack helicopter that was present at the time were almost shot down by that same laser were saved by the fact that they were able to spot a sudden glare of light before the shot. Apparently, it works the same logic as certain video games with snipers in them.