I Havet Och I Norden

"Attention all callsigns! We received a distress signals from one of the Esterrian Royal Army helicopter! We have a mayday, I repeat, we have a mayday!"

Somewhere off the coast of Naeslagtland
The past two days of the operation went very well for Flashia, Esterria and Naeslagtland that are directly involved. This morning however, not a single soul would share the same sentiment.

"What's the situation?"

"An Esterrian helicopter had crashed into the sea. The crews got out but they won't stay there for long!"

The Flash and Esterrians have long known the risks of an asset being lost to accident before this operation. Nonetheless, some panic remains, especially for the Esterrian sides as it involved one of theirs.

"Acknowledged, we're scrambling a SAR (Search And Rescue) unit"

A helicopter prepares to takes off from the deck of the Fresserik, the amphibious assault ship that has been deployed here for 3 days already as it waited for the rest to get onboard. The 2 would eventually make it over, and with the last man in, the side door to the starboard is then closed.

"Alright, we're in, now let's go get our guy!"

The helicopter then lifts its body up, thereby starting its job of rescuing the downed pilot. The aircraft would then turn itself to the port side as per procedure. From there, it would fly off directly to where they were told to go, flying past the other nearby ships in the process.

"Hey pilot! Can we get some music up?"

"Yeah, sure thing"

[BGM: Električni Orgazam - Igra rokenrol cela Jugoslavija]

Thus begins the journey to get the Esterrian pilot back as they're now heading South-East.

"Hey what do you think will happen on the way?"

"I don't know man, probably we'll see some ships straight out of the history books combined with modern vessels"

"Mmhmm, same thing for me"

"...God, now that I think about it, it's just very strange seeing a carrier operating alongside a ship-of-the-line from the 18th century!"

As seconds pass before them, the crew looked out the window to see what's out there in this vast body of ocean. Amidst the somewhat muffled whirring sound from the helicopter itself, a variety of things can be seen.

While the world moves from left to right and vice versa for those who view from starboard and port respectively, the crew sees a variety of things happening out there. From a formation of ships from the Naeslagtlandic Naval Forces sailing along the ocean with them to later seeing one of their frigates with several boats on fire nearby.

"Some pirates had the audacity to do it didn't they?"

"Fucking around and finding out is one hell of a thing..."

Some time would go past before the pilot spotted something.

"Got visual on the crews, looks like their heli is halfway into the water"

What they saw is their Esterrian counterparts floating on the sea while the helicopter with its rotors blown off slowly but surely sinking. Further away, there's a destroyer screening them, while the helicopter then hovered near the downed pilots.

"Alright, here goes nothing"

The side door to the starboard side would open up again to the outside world, the swimmer preparing himself as the rotary-wing aircraft carefully descends itself to the water. After some time contemplating, the swimmer then jumped into the rather rough sea.