Chapter 3

- Ren's POV -

When I woke up the next morning, I felt the need to go right back to sleep. I mean, who wouldn't? I had a hot boy in my bed, a good book in my lap, and a happy meal next to me be-wait what?

I sat up quickly, and immediately regretted it as Kylen started awake. 

"Whathafuk?" Kylen slurred, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey," I muttered, "did you wake up in the middle of the night and buy McDonalds?"

Kylen frowned. "No. Why?"

He glanced at the happy meal, then shrugged. "Dunno. But I'm tired."

Sighing, I lay back down next to him. I thought about the events last night and had to work very hard to keep from blushing. I couldn't believe how close I had come to telling him that I was in love with him. Which reminded me: I needed to kick Tykins ass. That bitch just missed out on a fucking king.

All of a sudden, Kylen bolted back up. He swore loudly and jumped out of bed. Confused, I rose, and followed him outside. He ran into his room, and it was only when he emerged wearing a sexy looking suit did I remember...

"Bartender," he muttered. "Stupid ass job. Fuck. Bye, Ren."

I waved goodbye, then remembered that he hadn't had time to brush his teeth. I grabbed a pack of altoids. "Yo! Catch."

He grinned as he snatched the pack in midair. "Thanks," he said. He popped one into his mouth and shook it at me. "I'ma hold onto this."

I nodded at him, then watched as he turned to leave. My eyes strayed down his body and stopped on his ass. Just then, he dropped the altiods. Swearing quietly, he bent over to grab them. 

I inhaled sharply, and Kylen turned his head to look at me. Shit. I shot him an easy grin, and he smiled back. "Bye."

I waved at his retreating back before crossing the room and plopping down on the couch. "Fuck."

- Kylen's POV -

As I closed the door behind me, I paused for a second. I knew Ren had stared at my ass, but I wasn't quite sure yet how I felt about that. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like being admired as much as the next guy, but Ren had been my childhood friend, and now he was my roommate. I thought back to our conversation last night, and I felt kind of bad. I'd dealt him serious blows, huh?

I jogged down the hallway and down the stairs, still deep in thought.

Whenever he came out of his room after hooking up with another girl, I usually yelled at him or scolded him in some way. Now that I thought about it, some part of me must've been jealous. Because I'd done the same thing once before, just with a guy. It was a total accident, he had gotten drunk, and I was a horny teenager. Who was I to turn down a hot man?

As I climbed into my car, I realized part of me was jealous. I wanted to be the person who was tangled up with him late at night, our naked bodies pressed against each other, a dangerous dance in the middle of the night. 

I turned down the street and switched on the radio. To my surprise, the music was of Cocomelon. But of course, I was the most childish person in existence, so I let it play, even singing along with some of their songs. I stopped at a red light and leaned back in my chair, running a hand through my hair.

I glanced in my rear view mirror, and noticed that the same exact car had been following me since I had left my apartment building. Frowning, I kept driving, assuming nothing was wrong.

The car continued to follow me, but I shrugged it off. The bar I worked at was a big place, and I'd already attracted two rich, horny old men. They could easily take care of this guy, especially since one of them has a big-ass bodyguard. When I pulled into the parking lot, I parked in the stall closest to where I work. The car pulled in right next to me. I glared at it before stalking into the bar. Checking the reflection in the glass door, a hooded man followed me in.