Chapter 8- Aspire

"Where'd Mistress Roxie go?" Magnus asks as he comes across the room to my table.

    "Off to find Phoenix." I state as I motion to the chair across from me "You're welcome to sit down." I offer kindly. His face seems to light up at the suggestion and happily joins me as I watch the others over at the bar.

    "I looked over here awhile ago, it seemed like you guys were having an intense conversation." he begins "Is everything okay?"

    "It looked intense?" I ask, somewhat confused.

    "Roxie seemed to be really focused on whatever you were saying, I figured you must be talking about something serious," he explains.

    "Oh, I guess I didn't notice," I state as I look around. We weren't sure when she was going to be back. It was still really strange knowing that I had a one-on-one conversation with her. Never in a million years did I ever see that happening.

    "So..." Magnus begins nervously "How has your night been going?" he asks politely.

    "Pretty good honestly, how about you?" I ask "You and Alex seemed to be having fun over there with Arsen. What were you talking about?"

    "Anything and everything honestly." He begins excitedly "He knows that we are old enough now to hear what being a man is all about."

    "What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

    "He explained what it means to be supportive of the ones you care about most, even when it's through something that is hard for you or that you don't necessarily understand." he explains "He has a lot of experience as a husband and a father, so he really seems to know what he's talking about."

    "Wow, how'd you guys get on that subject?" I ask as I start to giggle "I thought you were all going on about fighting or something."

    "Nah, that's not really my thing." he sighs "Arsen is a strong fighter, but he doesn't seem to really relish in it."

    "I guess I'm just learning a ton of new things today." I laugh, "I'm glad you came out with us today." I smile.

    "Hey, thanks for having me. I... don't really have any friends to hang out with, so this has been really nice." he smiles, then suddenly glimpses at me, seeming embarrassed.

    "Don't mention it." I smile reassuringly "Besides, you seem to get along with everyone pretty well. Alex is usually a jerk, but he warmed up to you pretty fast, huh?"

    "He wasn't what I was expecting, that's for sure." he states as he glances at me "None of you are."

    "Thank you?" I say, somewhat confused with the thought "Wait, what?"

    "Oh! I didn't mean any offense, I just meant that you're all really nice, and sweet, and uh..." he stutters as he tries to find the right words, but they seem to have escaped before he could use them. I can't help but to start blushing as I see his face turn red.

    "Dude, breathe," I state as I stare at him, and suddenly he takes a deep breath, returning his face to its usual shade.

    "Sorry, I just, uh..." he sighs "I don't talk to anyone a lot, so I guess I'm not any good at it," he explains.

    "Just be yourself, you don't need to be so nervous around me. We're all human, you know." I smile and he gently smiles back.

    "Am I interrupting something?" Nanea asks as she walks over to us. I quickly shift my attention and shake my head.

    "No, of course not. What's up?" I ask curiously.

    "It's getting late," She states "It's about time you all head home for the night." As much as I know she's right, I just don't want the night to end. The past two days have been interesting, I don't want it to come to an end.