Chapter 3

I heard a branch snap behind me which startled me, there was never normally anyone around whenever I came through so I panicked and decided to make a run for it. As I made off, I could hear somebody running behind me, I was definitely not the fastest elf in the realm and made the mistake of thinking I could outrun this elf, they were extremely fast and had managed to catch up with me and take me down, we both fell, knocking my bag into the air.

 I landed on my back and as this elf was now pinning me down, I tried to scamper for my bag but they were too strong, this was scaring me. I tried to knee them in the side, anything could happen out here to me. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" the stranger warned as she pulled her hood back. I lay there defeated.

All it took were to see the gold strands of hair for me to know who it was. "I am so sorry Princess, I did not realise it was you" I lay defeated. "So we meet again" Princess Lily held on for a moment longer and then let go of me, helping me stand up. She looked different today, she was more dressed down and her hair was completely braid-free, her clothes were as plain as mine. "Why are you in these woods?" I asked, stepping back. "Am I not allowed to be?" she frowned jokingly. 

I shook my head, "No, it's just I never normally pass by anyone in these woods" Lily smiled knowingly, she was not what I was expecting, I thought she would have been uptight and not want to associate or speak to the likes of me. "and that is exactly what I like about these woods" just as I was wondering where her security was, we were ambushed by the King's guard and the King himself.

He appeared on a mighty warrior horse and I immediately bowed. "What is the meaning of this Lily?" he questioned her and she stood still, never moving from her spot. She seemed to be thinking about something, eventually, she looked up at him, "I came out for a walk" she responded. I felt so awkward but there were guards right behind me ready to grab me if I so much as moved.

 This did not satisfy the King. "You have guards for a reason, to act in this manner is to jeopardize the crown, and to associate with those below your station is not how we do things. You know this, it's now time to come home" For once in her life Lily decided to stand up to her father even though she knew she would face the consequences later. "I came out here for some peace and quiet away from all of this and to be alone, I did not jeopardize anything, these woods are well known for being just that...quiet, which is why I decided to move here" Lily was mostly annoyed and this was ruining her day, she also could tell that I was anxious about all of this.

The King barely looked over at me, it was as if I was not there, "watch who you keep company, I'll at least remind you of that" he spoke angrily before turning around and speeding away, you could tell that as a father he was worried and as a King he was angry. Most of the guards had gone but some stayed behind which frustrated Princess Lily even more. 

Once they were in the distance Lily turned to me, but I did not look back, I merely felt her gaze on me before turning and walking away, the guards let me go. Lily wasn't happy with my reaction, "Wait, you are leaving just like that" The tone in her voice sounded hurt. In just a second Lily was in front of me, I had forgotten how fast the royals would be, in fact, it was something I would never have known, which is why it startled me.

 "As your father said, you shouldn't associate with the likes of me, it will do you no good, and for me, the consequences are even worse, I want no part in it". I stepped back.

Lily took another step forward. "I am sorry about what happened and I am sorry you feel that way, I did not mean to cause you any trouble" She sincerely apologized and had become very serious. She then stepped aside to let me pass, which I did, "Have a good day your highness" I spoke calmly like a stoic and walked passed her. I returned home straight away but as I had, it felt like I had been watched and whoever was watching me was still out there.