Chapter 48

Mason's POV

We reach the pack house quickly, and he asks the guards, that are standing in fornt of the front door, if they saw Oliver recently.

They all say that they didn't, so we go inside, to look for other guards, we ask everyone that we pass, but no one knows anything.

So, after walking around the whole ground floor of the pack house, we decide to call the meeting immediately.

Everyone quickly gathers in the training field, and Carter asks if anyone know where Oliver is.

No one tells us anything other than the fact that they saw him yesterday, when he was at the pack house.

Carter lets them go after threatening them that if any of them did anything to Oliver, that they won't leave the cellars no matter their age.

"Can't you smell him anywhere?" I ask, and he shakes his head.

"I tried, but I can't find his scent anywhere." He explains.

"Alright. What are we doing now?" I ask, with a worried sigh.

"I will send some warriors to search the pack lands, and outside of the pack border." He says, and I nod in acknowledgement.

We go to his office, and he makes a quick plan for each group of warriors, before he makes them meet him in front of the pack house.

He gives them the instructions, and they immediately get to work.

We go back to our house to tell the rest of the family what's going on.

Denver and Tyler join us, and we go searching too.

We shift into our wolves, since that will let us move a lot faster, and we run into the woods together, hoping to find Oliver.

We have to stay inside of the pack borders, since Carter can't go outside of it without any guards, so we walk around the whole border, which takes us about an hour.

We can't even catch a glimpse of Oliver's scent, so it means that if he was here, then it was a lot of time ago, most likely over half a day.

"I swear I will check if you are in bed every night, starting from today." Carter says.

"Don't even think about it, not all of us are stupid." Denver says.

"Call any of your siblings stupid again, and I won't hold myself back." Carter threatens.

"Whatever." Denver says, and I'm sure that he would have rolled his eyes if he was in human form.

"Where are we going now?" Tyler asks.

"I have no idea." Carter tells him honestly.

I look around once more, realising that we are close to Joseph's house.

"Maybe Joseph will know anything, I'm sure he's bored in that house, so he probably spends a lot of time just sitting outside." I tell them.

"How do you know his name?" Denver asks, angrily.

"He introduced himself when I was on a walk with Reggie." I explain, and he looks like he doesn't believe me.

"Wait. How do you know him already?" Carter asks, looking at Denver.

"I don't know him, we just talked once." Denver responds, before he makes his way towards Joseph's house.